Annual Editions: Personal Growth and Behavior 00/01 / Edition 20by Karen Duffy
Pub. Date: 01/28/2000
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
This annually updated reader is a compilation of articles from current magazines,newspapers,and journals. Well-illustrated articles by psychologists,educators,researchers,and writers provide an effective and useful perspective on today's important topics in the study of personal growth and behavior.
Table of Contents
1. The Last Interview of Abraham Maslow, Edward Hoffman, Psychology Today, January/February 1992.
2. Making Sense of Self-Esteem, Mark R. Leary, Current Directions in Psychological Science, February 1999.
3. Raising Kids' Self-Esteem May Backfire, Experts Warn, Maggie Fox, Chicago Tribune, August 9, 1998.
4. Private Lives: Discipline and Knowing Where to Draw the Line, Jan Parker and Jan Stimpson, The Independent, May 3, 1999.
5. Who Are the Freudians?, Edith Kurzweil, Society, May/June 1999.
6. The Stability of Personality: Observations and Evaluations, Robert R. McCrae and Paul T. Costa Jr., Current Directions in Psychological Science, December 1994.
UNIT 2. Determinants of Behavior: Motivation, Environment, and Physiology
7. Is It Nature or Nurture?, Marc Peyser and Anne Underwood, Newsweek, Special Issue, Spring/Summer 1997.
8. The Gender Blur, Deborah Blum, Utne Reader, September/October 1998.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews