Annual Editions: American History, Volume II / Edition 15by Robert James Maddox
Pub. Date: 08/28/1998
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
This bi-annually updated reader is a compilation of current newspaper,magazine,and journal articles on American history. See more details below
This bi-annually updated reader is a compilation of current newspaper,magazine,and journal articles on American history.
Table of ContentsUNIT 1. Reconstruction and the Gilded Age
1. The New View of Reconstruction, Eric Foner, American Heritage, October/November 1983.
2. Miriam Leslie: Belle of the Boardroom, Donald Dale Jackson, Smithsonian, November 1997.
3. The First Chapter of Children's Rights, Peter Stevens and Marian Eide, American Heritage, July/August 1990.
4. The Stolen Election, Bernard A. Weisberger, American Heritage, July/August 1990.
5. 'The Chinese Must Go', Bernard A. Weisberger, American Heritage, February/March 1993.
6. The Nickel and Dime Empire, Joseph Gustaitis, American History, March 1998.
7. Iron John in the Gilded Age, Mark Carnes, American Heritage, September 1993.
UNIT 2. The Emergence of Modern America
8. Terrorism Revisited, Bernard A. Weisberger, American Heritage, November 1993.
9. Electing the President, 1896, Edward Ranson, History Today, October 1996.
10. The Meaning of '98, John Lukacs, American Heritage, May/June 1998.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >