This reader is a compilation of current newspaper, magazine, and journal articles on American history. Annual Editions: American History, Volume 2 presents a balanced collection of articles that deal with great leaders and great decisions, as well as with ordinary people at work, at leisure, and at war.
Product dimensions: 8.20 (w) x 10.80 (h) x 0.60 (d)
Table of Contents
UNIT 1. Reconstruction and the Gilded Age
1. The New View of Reconstruction, Eric Foner, American Heritage, October/November 1983.
2. A Road They Did Not Know, Larry McMurtry, American Heritage, February/March 1999.
3. Buffalo Soldiers, T. J. Stiles, Smithsonian, December 1998.
4. Undermining the Molly Maguires, Joseph H. Bloom, American History, August 1999.
5. `The Chinese Must Go', Bernard A. Weisberger, American Heritage, February/March 1993.
6. The Nickel and Dime Empire, Joseph Gustaitis, American History, March 1998.
UNIT 2. The Emergence of Modern America
7. Captain Pratt's School, Mary Kay Morel, American History, May/June 1997.
8. "Hang 'em First, Try 'em Later", Bruce Watson, Smithsonian, June 1998.
9. "If You Men Don't Withdraw, We Will Mow Every One of You Down", William C. Kashatus, American History, April 2000.
10. Electing the President, 1896, Edward Ranson, History Today, October 1996.