- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Proper nutrition, weight, and exercise have all been strongly linked to improved health and longevity among the elderly. This timely volume presents the latest medical research on nutrition and its impact on healthy aging in a variety of older populations and in a range of care settings.
Topics include the diagnosis and management of protein undernutrition; psychological and social factors in weight loss; the effects of vitamins and exercise on aging; and more. This volume will appeal to geriatricians, geriatric researchers and academics, as well as to other health professionals concerned with nutrition and the elderly.
Incl. nutritional epidemiology/vitamins & aging/exercise/ cholesterol & the healthy senior/nutrition in nursing homes.
Forthcoming Contents, Volume 16
• Introduction, John E. Morley and Douglas K. Miller
• Nutritional Epidemiology, Douglas K. Miller and John E. Morley
• Nutrition in the Nursing Home, Adil Abbasi
• Nutrition and the African American, Marie A. Bernard
• Psychological and Social Factors in the Pathogenesis of Weight Loss, John E. Morley and Patricia M.K. Morley
• The Diagnosis and Management of Protein Energy Undernutrition in Older Persons, Margaret-Mary G. Wilson and John E. Morley
• Vitamins and Aging, Larry E. Johnson
• Exercise and Aging, Roger J.M. McCarter
• Cholesterol and the Health Senior, Rahmawati Sih