- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Answers for the new childhood epidemics…
The statistics are alarming. Diagnosed cases of autism, ADHD, asthma, and allergies are increasing exponentially, ...
Answers for the new childhood epidemics…
The statistics are alarming. Diagnosed cases of autism, ADHD, asthma, and allergies are increasing exponentially, especially among children.If your child is struggling with any of these conditions, you know that the search for answers can be overwhelming.
After thirty years in pediatric medicine, Dr. Joseph Cannizzaro has found an unmistakable web of interrelationship among the 4-A disorders and has learned to recognize many of the patterns behind them. In Answers for the 4-A Epidemic he lays a foundation for understanding this epidemic, including…
· A comprehensive overview of each of the disorders—their causes, characteristics, and commonalities
· A groundbreaking integrative treatment program that includes nutrition, supplementation, medication, and detoxification
Introduction There Is Hope! 1
Section I How did this Happen?
Chapter 1 Four New Childhood Epidemics 9
Chapter 2 What's to Blame for the 4-A Epidemic? 19
Chapter 3 Why the Integrative Approach Is Different-and Better 33
Section II The 4-A Disorders
Chapter 4 Autism 45
Chapter 5 ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) 67
Chapter 6 The Asthma Epidemic 77
Chapter 7 Allergies-the Universal Threat 85
Section III Healing Therapies for the 4-A Disorders
Chapter 8 Overview of Therapies 105
Chapter 9 Healing Through Nutritional Therapy 113
Chapter 10 Healing Through Supplementation Therapy 145
Chapter 11 Healing Through Detoxification Therapy 155
Chapter 12 Healing Through Medication 165
Conclusion Empowering Parents 179
Appendix A Additional Therapies for Autism 199
Appendix B Additional Therapies for ADHD 205
Appendix C Additional Therapies for Asthma and Allergies 209
Appendix D Recommended Resources 215
Appendix E For More Information 217
Posted May 8, 2012
This post is a formal expert review for the new book published by Charisma House (Siloam), entitled Answers For the 4 A Epidemic, Healing For Kids With Autism, ADHD, Asthma and Allergies. I am excited about this book and was happy to read it for several reasons.
1. As my husband and I are gearing up to launch a church, we will be confronted with prayer issues from families dealing with these disorders. Indeed, I already know too many families effected by Autism, especially, and some families in which more than one child has this diagnosis or multiple disorders present simultaneously.
2. In lay ministry, pastoral counseling and small group ministry over the years, my husband and I have had much experience with helping and praying for kids affected and their parents who provide high level care.
3. I spent 12 years in the pharmaceutical industry, and led a global publications plan for a drug product for ADHD used in adolescents and young adults. As a PharmD and consultant pharmacist and researcher I’ve seen how meds can work, as well as their utter limitations. Dr. Cannizarro does not discount them, he just shows how much can be done outside of and in adjunct to their use.
Many times kids diagnosed with one of these disorders will also have 2 or more of the disorders. In my instance, I developed asthma and allergies in my twenties. Now in my 40′s I’m still suffering. However, a recent major dietary modification I’ve initiated has almost completely alleviated my symptoms. I happen to be on a low sodium diet very similar the types of plan Dr. Cannizarro suggests. As a complete surprise to me, about 3 weeks after I started my lifestyle change, a wonderful and unexpected change occurred – all my morning allergies cleared up. When I brought this up with my nutritionist, they said they never heard of such a thing. They had a different end goal in mind and so did not even relate the astounding fact that our food choices greatly effect our physical health. It’s just the effect is not immediate. On the flip side, when taking away a food or two, the effect will not be immediate either. If being treated in some way pharmaceutically, the effect will be attributed to the drug, therapy, etc. Dr. Cannizaro validates my experience and has provided me insight to additional dietary modifications (such as cutting any soy) as well as alternative therapies and exercises I had not considered. Because of his book, readers now have a relatable go-to resource regarding gluten, diet and alternatives for each disorder, biofeedback, immune system therapies, available treatments for each disorder and the faith/healing connection.
What Dr. Cannizaro does in this book is absolutely wonderful. He discusses possible root causes of the epidemic, shows why these disorders are inter-related, lays out specific healing therapy plans any parent can initiate and provides the ultimate gift, which is hope for the parent striving to help their child, body, soul and spirit.
This is an excellent resource, and I have already recommended the title to several families.
If you are here and reading this post and you are a parent of a child with two or more of these disorders, I pray 3 John 1:2 blessings over your family and I hope this book provides you some insight into the course of healing for your child.
In His Love, Anne