Apparel Manufacturing: Sewn Product Analysis / Edition 1by Ruth E. Glock, Grace I. Kunz
Pub. Date: 11/13/1990
Publisher: Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
This comprehensive text provides in-depth coverage of all facets of the apparel manufacturing process in the global industry. The coverage considers product development from the analysis phase through product standards, specifications and design phases. The primary focus is on inter-related decision-making required for apparel product development. Includes sections on the dimensions of apparel management, quality management, materials selection, production planning, and the complete financial portion of the business. Emphasis is placed on the integrated roles of merchandising, sourcing, and marketing. Covers apparel engineering, preproduction operations, and a pertinent discussion of technology and equipment. For anyone interested in fashion, apparel, or retailing.
- Prentice Hall Professional Technical Reference
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION TO APPAREL MANUFACTURING.
2. Marketing Strategies.
3. Merchandising Processes.
II. PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT.
5. Product Standards and Specifications.
6. Creative and Technical Design.
III. DIMENSIONS OF APPAREL MANAGEMENT.
8. Materials Sourcing and Selection.
9. Production Planning and Sourcing.
10. Costs, Costing, Pricing, and Profit.
IV. FOCUS ON PRODUCTION.
12. Production Management.
13. Preproduction Operations.
14. Stitches, Seams, Thread, and Needles.
15. Equipment for Assembly and Pressing.
V. FINDINGS MANAGEMENT.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >