Apparel Manufacturing: Sewn Product Analysis / Edition 3by Ruth E. Glock, Grace I. Kunz
Apparel Manufacturing: Sewn Product Analysis is designed to provide a conceptual framework of the manufacturing process for future apparel professionals. It helps students understand the complex decision making involved in marketing, merchandising, and producing apparel to meet the needs of the target customer. Our intent, is to provide a global, integrated… See more details below
Apparel Manufacturing: Sewn Product Analysis is designed to provide a conceptual framework of the manufacturing process for future apparel professionals. It helps students understand the complex decision making involved in marketing, merchandising, and producing apparel to meet the needs of the target customer. Our intent, is to provide a global, integrated perspective so that readers will understand the interrelationships among processes and decisions.
The content is divided into five parts that focus on the factors that determine the cost, price, quality, performance, and value of garments.
- Part I presents a broad perspective of the organization of the apparel business, the roles of marketing and merchandising, and the complexities of operating in a worldwide market.
- Part II provides a comprehensive discussion of apparel development processes including development of product standards and specifications. Specific roles of design and technical design are enhanced with new sections on establishing garment fit and finishing.
- Part III focuses on apparel management with emphasis on quality, cost, materials, product development, and production sourcing.
- Part IV examines production processes considering engineering, production planning and management, and human resources that underlay preproduction, sewing, equipment, and finishing operations.
- Part V focuses on management, issues and decisions related to support materials, closures, and trims.
- Appendices enable readers to relate sewn product decisions to three basic apparel products including t-shirts, men's dress slacks, and dress shirts.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.70(w) x 9.40(h) x 1.19(d)
Table of Contents
|Pt. I||Introduction to Apparel Manufacturing||1|
|Ch. 1||Organization of the Apparel Business||3|
|Ch. 2||Marketing Strategies||33|
|Ch. 3||Merchandising Strategies and Processes||63|
|Pt. II||Product Development||93|
|Ch. 4||Analysis of Garment Development||95|
|Ch. 5||Product Standards and Specifications||133|
|Ch. 6||Apparel Design||151|
|Ch. 7||Stitches, Seams, and Thread||177|
|Pt. III||Dimensions of Apparel Management||225|
|Ch. 8||Management of Quality||227|
|Ch. 9||Sourcing Materials and Production||251|
|Ch. 10||Costs, Costing, Pricing, and Profit||279|
|Pt. IV||Focus on Production||307|
|Ch. 11||Apparel Engineering||309|
|Ch. 12||Production Planning and Management||341|
|Ch. 13||Preproduction Operations||373|
|Ch. 14||Equipment for Assembly and Pressing||407|
|Pt. V||Materials Management||437|
|Ch. 15||Fabric Quality and Performance||439|
|Ch. 16||Support Materials||465|
|Garment Analysis Application #1: Analysis of T-Shirts||551|
|Garment Analysis Application #2: Analysis of Men's Dress Pants||559|
|Garment Analysis Application #3: Analysis of Men's Dress Shirts||575|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >