Reduce your anxiety. Develop impressive presentations quickly. Speak with finesse.
Public speaking excellence is a choice. Use Dave Hill's success-building tips and strategies to increase your organization's bottom line - and your own.
Structure and develop a presentation in minutes; Have colleagues nodding in agreement with your proposal; Look brilliant and confident!
• Quickly develop the outline of a presentation and get focused
• Understand the value of storyboarding your presentation
• How to find your own stories and to gather others
• Understand the power of a story and how to maximize its value
• How to open a speech or presentation
• How to close a speech with maximum impact
• Development of clear, smooth transitions
• Handling the Q & A session and avoiding the common pitfalls
• PowerPoint success strategies
• Humor development techniques
• Understanding why jokes fail
• Deliver dry, technical information successfully with pizzazz
• Customizing your content to your audience
• Incorporate purposeful movement
• Comprehend distractions you maybe unaware of – filler words and nervous gestures etc.
• Use notes successfully
• Learn techniques to maximize the delivery of stories and humor
• Understanding the room layout – pros and cons
• Use of a microphone
• If you have a strong accent
• Deliver presentations while seated
• Multi-speaker format success strategies
• Memorization techniques
• How to keep an audiences attention
• Dealing with anxiety
• Looking after your voice
• Use group exercises in the most effective way possible
• Use the presentation style best suited for the situation
• Understand non-verbal audience feedback
• Delivering unpopular information – do’s and don’ts
• When things go wrong – survival strategies
• Cost effective means to practice and hone your skills
• Room Layout - preparation and considerations
Dave Hill is a speaker, author, coach and award-winning storyteller with an Irish wit and a passion for helping people improve their speaking and presentation skills so they can “get noticed” and “get promoted.”
An engineer, he struggled to overcome a speaking anxiety that was tripping him up at work. He wholeheartedly threw himself into learning how to speak effectively and find ways to build success through outstanding presentations. Today, he helps all kinds of people — particularly employees who deal with technical material — communicate better and reap the rewards. He wants to share what he’s learned with you.
Dave was born and raised in Ireland. He became Chief Engineer Officer on worldwide cargo ships, and his travels took him to 75 countries. By age 30, Dave had been around the world seven times. He has worked as a Loss Prevention Specialist in the property insurance industry and as a Principal Risk Engineer for a chemical corporation.
Dave is also President of his own public speaking and coaching business and a member of the National Speakers Association (NSA). He was a finalist in the 2004 World Championship of Public Speaking and is the recipient of many other public speaking awards.
Dave, his wife Christine (a Canadian whom he met in Australia) and their two children live in Texas.
To learn about Dave’s speaking programs, workshops and coaching, contact . His web site is http://www.davehillspeaks.com.
Video clips: http://www.youtube.com/user/davehillspeaks#g/p