Updated for Aperture 3.4, this Apple-certified guide starts with the basics of image management and takes you step by step through Aperture's powerful editing, retouching, proofing, publishing, and archiving features. It delivers comprehensive training—the equivalent of a two-day course—in one project-based book. With complete coverage of Aperture's new interface and features, you'll learn to index your photos using face recognition and GPS location data; master powerful non-destructive image-adjustment tools including brush-based local adjustments; and create impressive slideshows that include photos, HD video clips, and layered soundtracks. Learn time-saving techniques for sorting, ranking, and organizing images for use in different jobs. And discover effective ways to publish images for client review and keep your online portfolio up to date automatically. This book's real-world exercises feature professional photography from a variety of genres, including landscapes, portraits, wedding, and wildlife photography.
• DVD-ROM includes lesson and media files
• Focused lessons take you step-by-step through professional real-world projects
• Accessible writing style puts an expert instructor at your side
• Ample illustrations help you master techniques fast
• Lesson goals and time estimates help you plan your time
• Chapter review questions summarize what you’ve learned and prepare you for the Apple Pro certification exam
• Requires OS X v 10.8.2 or later, Aperture 3.4 or later
The Apple Pro Training Series is both a self-paced learning tool and the official curriculum for Apple Pro Training and Certification Programs.