Applying Psychology: Individual and Organizational Effectiveness / Edition 5by Andrew J. DuBrin
Pub. Date: 06/02/1999
Publisher: Pearson Education
This introduction to success in the workplace presents business psychology in clear, layman's language, helping readers understand how the application of psychology can help them improve individual and organizational effectiveness. It addresses the latest topics, including the new model of career advancement, gender differences in communication style, managing conflict through cognitive restructuring, human aspects of adjusting to technology, the problem of online addictions, the portfolio career, career downshifting, prospering in a learning organization, dealing with a micromanaging supervisor, 360-degree feedback, cultural diversity and ethics in the office, and other relevant topics with the goal of developing an appreciation of key principles and findings of the psychology of individual behavior. For human resources, industrial/organizational psychology, and general business managers and professionals.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.24(w) x 9.51(h) x 0.94(d)
Table of ContentsI. BASICS OF BUSINESS PSYCHOLOGY AND HUMAN BEHAVIOR.
1. Foundations of Business Psychology.
2. Perception, Learning, Values, and Ethics.
3. Major Sources of Individual Differences.
4. Understanding Yourself.
5. Problem Solving and Creativity.
II. DEALING WITH INDIVIDUALS.
6. Motivating Others and Yourself.
7. Goal Setting for Performance Improvement.
8. Achieving Wellness and Managing Stress.
9. Managing Conflict and Anger.
10. Building Workplace Relationships.
11. Coping with a Variety of Personalities.
III. DEALING WITH SMALL GROUPS AND THE ORGANIZATION.
12. Communicating with People.
13. Groups and Group Decision Making.
14. Teamwork and Adapting to the Organization.
15. Leading and Influencing Others.
IV. REALIZING YOUR POTENTIAL.
16. Achieving Personal Productivity.
17. Achieving a Rewarding and Satisfying Career.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >