Approaches to Early Childhood Education / Edition 4by Jaipaul L. Roopnarine, James E. (Eds.) Johnson, James E. Johnson
Pub. Date: 06/01/2004
From approaches steeped in the history of education, child development, and the psychological sciences, to contemporary approaches that address multiculturalism and inclusion, this comprehensive book, with its contributions by major experts in the field, more thoroughly examines more topics and models than does any other book on the market. Coverage is strengthened by the broad-based expertise of the contributors and the exceptional reach of the programs chosen for discussion. Chapter topics cover programs for infants and toddlers, the Head Start program, a model preschool program for typical and special needs children, behavior analysis and principles in early childhood education, the project spectrum approach to early education, the Reggio Emilia approach, Montessori education today, and more. For early childhood educators.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of ContentsPart I: INTRODUCTION.
1. Historical Perspectives on Early Childhood Education.
2. Programs for Infants and Toddlers.
3. The Head Start Program.
4. The Portage Model: An International Home Approach to Early Intervention of Young Children and Their Families.
Part II: INTEGRAL DIMENSIONS.
5. Including Everyone: A Model Preschool Program for Typical and Special Needs Children.
6. A Framework for Culturally Relevant, Multicultural, and Anti-bias Education in the Twenty-First Century.
Part III: BROAD APPROACHES.
7. The Ericksonian Approach.
8. Behavior Analysis and Principles in Early Childhood Education.
9. Mixed-Age Educational Programs for Young Children.
Part IV: SPECIFIC APPROACHES/USA.
10. The High/Scope Curriculum for Early Childhood Care and Education.
11. The Project Spectrum Approach to Early Education.
12. The Developmental-Interaction Approach at Bank Street College of Education.
13. The Project Approach: An Overview.
Part V: SPECIFIC APPROACHES/EUROPEAN.
14. The Reggio Emilia Approach: Provocations and Partnerships with U.S. Early Childhood Educators.
15. The Waldorf Approach to Early Childhood Education.
16. Montessori Education Today.
17. The Pyramid Method.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >