1. Historical Perspectives on Early Childhood Education.
2. Programs for Infants and Toddlers.
3. The Head Start Program.
4. The Portage Model: An International Home Approach to Early Intervention of Young Children and Their Families.
Part II: INTEGRAL DIMENSIONS.
5. Including Everyone: A Model Preschool Program for Typical and Special Needs Children.
6. A Framework for Culturally Relevant, Multicultural, and Anti-bias Education in the Twenty-First Century.
Part III: BROAD APPROACHES.
7. The Ericksonian Approach.
8. Behavior Analysis and Principles in Early Childhood Education.
9. Mixed-Age Educational Programs for Young Children.
Part IV: SPECIFIC APPROACHES/USA.
10. The High/Scope Curriculum for Early Childhood Care and Education.
11. The Project Spectrum Approach to Early Education.
12. The Developmental-Interaction Approach at Bank Street College of Education.
13. The Project Approach: An Overview.
Part V: SPECIFIC APPROACHES/EUROPEAN.
14. The Reggio Emilia Approach: Provocations and Partnerships with U.S. Early Childhood Educators.
15. The Waldorf Approach to Early Childhood Education.
16. Montessori Education Today.
17. The Pyramid Method.