This book makes a major contribution to the current debate on globalization, and more precisely to the question of how the "traffic in culture" is practiced, rationalized and experienced by visual artists.
Table of Contents
The Paradoxes of Identity in Argentina
• On Appropriation
• Sites of Appropriation: the Buenos Aires Art World
• Copy and Creation: Potters, Graphic Designers, Textile Artists
• Fashionable Savages: Photographic Representations of the Indigenous
• Setting Up Roots: On the Set of a Cinema Movie in a Mapuche Reservation
• Practices of Artistic Fieldwork and Representation: The Case of Teresa Pereda's 'Bajo el Nombre de San Juan'
• The Indigenisation of Identity
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >