Archaeologies of Landscape: Contemporary Perspectives / Edition 1by Wendy Ashmore
Pub. Date: 11/08/1999
This book offers new and diverse perspectives on the ideational qualities of past landscapes. See more details below
This book offers new and diverse perspectives on the ideational qualities of past landscapes.
Table of Contents
1. Archaeological Landscapes: Constructed, Conceptualized, Ideational: A. Bernard Knapp and Wendy Ashmore.
Part I: Ethnographic and Historical Cases:.
2. Identifying Ancient Sacred Landscapes in Australia: From Physical to Social: Paul S. C. Taçon.
3. Creating Social Identity in the Landscape: Tidewater, Virginia 1600-1750: Lisa Kealhofer.
4. Conceptual Landscapes in the Egyptian Nile Valley: Janet E. Richards.
5. Buddhist Landscapes in East Asia: Gina L. Barnes.
6. Mountains, Caves, Water: Ideational Landscapes of the Ancient Maya: James E. Brady and Wendy Ashmore.
Part II: Protohistoric / Ethnohistoric Cases:.
7. The Inca Cognition of Landscape: Archaeology, Ethnohistory, and the Aesthetic of Alterity: Maarten van de Guchte.
8. The Ideology of Settlement: Ancestral Keres Landscapes in the Northern Rio Grande: James E. Snead and Robert W. Preucel.
Part III: Prehistoric Cases:.
9. Centering the Ancestors: Cemeteries, Mounds and Sacred Landscapes of the Ancient North American Midcontinent: Jane E. Buikstra and Douglas K. Charles.
10. Ideational and Industrial Landscape of Prehistoric Cyprus: A. Bernard Knapp.
11. The Mythical Landscapes of the British Iron Age: John C. Barrett.
Part IV: Commentaries:.
12. Sacred Landscapes: Constructed and Conceptualized: Carole L. Crumley.
13. Exploring Everyday Places and Cosmologies: Peter van Dommelen.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >