Introduction: I Don’t Really Have to Do This, Do I?
Part I: Marketing Strategy: Start at the Start.
1. Strategic Planning: Getting to the Starting Line.
2. Branding: We Used to Call It Reputation.
3. Positioning: Finding Your Place in Your Markets.
4. Marketing Planning: Deciding How to Communicate to Your Markets.
5. Budgeting for Marketing: Knowing What You Can Spend.
Part II: The Business Development Cycle: Getting the Job.
6. Targets and Opportunities: Finding and Pursuing Leads.
7. Brochures and Qualifications Packages: Who Are You? What Have You Done?
8. Proposals: Making an Offer.
9. Presentations: The Chemistry Test.
10. Design Competitions: High Risk and High Impact.
11. Closing the Deal: Setting the Fee, Negotiating, and Signing the Contract.
Part III: Marketing Tools and Resources: Your Arsenal of Marketing Weapons.
12. Research: Obtaining Market Intelligence.
13. Knowledge Management: Systems for Tracking Information.
14. Internal Communications: Getting the Message to Your Staff.
15. Client Communications: Newsletters, Web Sites, Direct Mail, Advertising, and Events.
16. Media Relations and Awards: Communicating with the Press.
17. Photography: Creating the Right Image.
18. Marketing Staff and Consultants: Who Can Help You?
19. Evaluating Your Performance: Is Your Marketing Working?