- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The cornerstone guide for designing tomorrow's medical imaging facilities
The Architecture of Medical Imaging is the foremost guide to the design of state-of-the-art medical imaging facilities for radiography, MRI, and CT and PET scans. Written by an industry expert, this useful resource discusses complex issues in a user-friendly language that is fully understandable to healthcare planners, department heads, and executives. No other reference makes it easier to understand the technical requirements of radiological equipment and procedures.
The Architecture of Medical Imaging is divided into six convenient parts:
* Part 1 explains the importance of quality design and how it relates to changes in the healthcare and medical imaging industries
* Part 2 describes how to organize and manage an architectural project from the owner's perspective
* Part 3 presents the vast range of today's imaging techniques, as well as those still in research and development
* Part 4 addresses important planning and design concepts for medical imaging facilities
* Part 5 discusses medical imaging trends and their impact on facility design
* Part 6 provides useful appendices that examine specific imaging facility projects
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
About the Authors.
How to Use This Book.
Part 1: Overview.
Chapter 1: Design Considerations for Imaging Facilities.
Chapter 2: Forces of Change in Imaging Facility Design.
Part 2: Development of an Imaging Facility.
Chapter 3: Organization of a Medical Imaging Project.
Chapter 4: Management of the Process.
Chapter 5: Equipment Planning.
Part 3: Imaging Techniques (by Steven C. Horii, MD, FACR, FSCAR).
Chapter 6: Imaging Techniques.
Chapter 7: Image Management Systems.
Part 4: Design and Planning.
Chapter 8: Design Concepts.
Chapter 9: Work Flow and Circulation.
Chapter 10: Department Location and Configuration.
Chapter 11: Space Requirements.
Chapter 12: Room Design.
Chapter 13: Physical Properties Influencing Design.
Chapter 14: Renovation Versus New Construction.
Part 5: Trends Influencing Tomorrow’s Imaging Facilities.
Chapter 15: Imaging Beyond the Radiology Department.
Chapter 16: Future Vision.
Part 6: Appendices.
Appendix A: Descriptions of Selected Imaging Facilities.
Appendix B: Excerpts from ACR Guidelines for MRI Safety.
Appendix C: Excerpts from 2001 AIA Guidelines for Construction and Equipment of Hospitals and Medical Facilities.