- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
- Should the study of Western culture be replaced by "multiculturalism"?
- Is affirmative action inherently racist?
- Should accrediting bodies require a commitment to diversity?
- What is political correctness?
- Should the traditional canon of the great works of Western literature be replaced, amended, or remain the same?
- Do minority study programs really benefit the people they are supposed to help?
- Are "speech codes" on college campuses inconsistent with the First Amendment?
Are You Politically Correct? brings together selections that span the political gamut from the far left to the far right, demonstrating the clash of views on the many issues surrounding the political correctness debate.
|Pt. 1||The Media and Political Correctness|
|1||Are You Politically Correct?||15|
|2||What Campus Radicals? The P.C. Undergrad Is a Useful Specter||33|
|Pt. 2||Freedom of Expression on Campus|
|3||There's No Such Thing as Free Speech and It's a Good Thing, Too||43|
|4||The Campus: "An Island of Repression in a Sea of Freedom"||57|
|Pt. 3||Cultural Diversity, the Politics of Race and Sex on Campus, and the Western Intellectual Tradition|
|5||The Challenge of Diversity and Multicultural Education||73|
|6||"Diversity" and "Breaking the Disciplines": Two New Assaults on the Curriculum||91|
|7||Meno's Boy: Hearing His Story - & His Sister's||119|
|8||The Value of the Canon||133|
|9||Western Civ - and Me: An Address at Harvard University||147|
|Pt. 4||Multiculturalism and Public Education|
|l0||Multiculturalism: E Pluribus Plures||165|
|11||Multiculturalism without Hierarchy: An Afrocentric Reply to Diane Ravitch||185|
|12||Reply to Asante||195|
|13||Education and the Racist Road to Barbarism||205|
|Pt. 5||Quotas and Campus Diversity|
|14||Accrediting Bodies Must Require a Commitment to Diversity||219|
|15||Accreditation by Quota: The Case of Baruch College||225|
|16||Final Thoughts on Political Correctness: Some Proposals||231|