List of Illustrations.
List of Contributors.
Series Editor's Preface.
2. A Brief History of the Art Museum Public: Andrew McClellan (Tufts University).
3. Having One’s Tate and Eating It: Transformations of the Museum in a Hypermodern Era: Nick Prior (University of Edinburgh).
4. Museums: Theory, Practice and Illusion: Danielle Rice (Philadelphia Museum of Art).
5. Norman Rockwell at the Guggenheim: Alan Wallach (College of William and Mary).
6. The Return to Curiosity: Shifting Paradigms in Contemporary Museum Display: Stephen Bann (Bristol University).
7. Museum Sight: Anne Higonnet (Wellesley College).
8. Sacred to Profane and Back Again: Ivan Gaskell (Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University).
9. From Theory to Practice: Exhibiting African Art in the Twenty-first Century: Christa Clarke (Neuberger Museum of Art, SUNY).
10. Reframing Public Art: Audience Use, Interpretation, and Appreciation: Harriet F. Senie (CUNY).