The Art of Responsive Drawing / Edition 6by Nathan Goldstein
Pub. Date: 07/01/2005
More a “how-to-see-it” than a “how-to-do-it” book, this edition explores the disguises and characteristics of shapes and forms in nature, and it examines the visual elements and the relational, moving, and emotive forces that constitute the language of drawing. Clear and objective, this book offers an intensive examination/b>/b>
More a “how-to-see-it” than a “how-to-do-it” book, this edition explores the disguises and characteristics of shapes and forms in nature, and it examines the visual elements and the relational, moving, and emotive forces that constitute the language of drawing. Clear and objective, this book offers an intensive examination of vital drawing processes and concepts, an in-depth analysis of exceptional drawings by old and contemporary artists, and suggested exercises to enhance the readers' grasp of important measurable and dynamic phenomena. For the art student, the art teacher, the interested amateur, and the practicing artist.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.23(w) x 10.83(h) x 0.61(d)
Table of Contents
1. Gestural Expression: Deduction through Feeling.
2. Shape: An Irony.
3. Line: The Indispensable Abstraction.
4. Value: Light, Local Tone, and Mood.
5. Perspective: The Foreshortened View.
6. Volume: The Sculptural Sense.
7. Color: The Transforming Element.
8. Media and Materials: The Tools of Drawing.
9. Visual Issues: The Forming of Order.
10. Expressive Issues: The Forming of Meaning.
11. Envisioned Images: Improvisations of Form and Space.
12. Pathologies of Drawing: Some Symptoms and Defects.
13. Finding Your Way: Options and Attitudes.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
The book I got said on the website that it was in"good conditions" But when i actually got the book it had stickers all over it and an enormous hole on the front cover with a huge stick coverint the hole. i had to keep the book because my class already started. But i am NEVER going to get a book from this seller. Completetly disappointed. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SELLER!!!