Arts Marketing Insights: The Dynamics of Building and Retaining Performing Arts Audiences / Edition 1by Joanne Scheff Bernstein
Pub. Date: 11/17/2006
Audience behavior began to shift dramatically in the mid 1990s. Since then, people have become more spontaneous in purchasing tickets and increasingly prefer to choose specific programs to attend rather than to buy a subscription series. Arts attenders also expect more responsive customer service than ever before. Because of these and other factors, many audience… See more details below
Audience behavior began to shift dramatically in the mid 1990s. Since then, people have become more spontaneous in purchasing tickets and increasingly prefer to choose specific programs to attend rather than to buy a subscription series. Arts attenders also expect more responsive customer service than ever before. Because of these and other factors, many audience development strategies that sustained nonprofit arts organizations in the past are no longer dependable and performing arts marketers face many new challenges in their efforts to build and retain their audiences. Arts organizations must learn how to be relevant to the changing lifestyles, needs, interests, and preferences of their current and potential audiences.
Arts Marketing Insights offers managers, board members, professors, and students of arts management the ideas and information they need to market effectively and efficiently to customers today and into the future. In this book, Joanne Scheff Bernstein helps readers to understand performing arts audiences, conduct research, and provide excellent customer service. She demonstrates that arts organizations can benefit by expanding the meaning of "valuable customer" to include single-ticket buyers. She offers guidance on long-range marketing planning and helps readers understand how to leverage the Internet and e-mail as powerful marketing channels. Bernstein presents vivid case studies and examples that illustrate her strategic principles in action from organizations large and small in the United States, Great Britain, Australia, and other countries.
In Arts Marketing Insights, Joanne Scheff Bernstein provides strategies to address changing customer values in a dynamic business environment. This book combines the best of proven marketing wisdom with viable new ideas and approaches that arts marketers can adopt to help their organizations thrive and realize their artistic missions.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.20(d)
Table of Contents
Foreword (Philip Kotler).
1. The State of Performing Arts Attendance and the State of Marketing.
2. Exploring Characteristics of Current and Potential Performing Arts Audiences.
3. Understanding the Consumer Mind-Set.
4. Planning Strategy and Applying the Strategic Marketing Process.
5. Using Strategic Marketing to Define, Deliver, and Communicate Value.
6. Delivering Value Through Pricing Strategies.
7. Conducting and Using Marketing Research.
8. Leveraging the Internet and E-Mail Marketing.
9. Identifying and Capitalizing on Brand Identity.
10. Building Loyalty: Subscriptions and Beyond.
11. Valuing the Single Ticket Buyer.
12. Focusing on the Customer Experience and Delivering Great Customer Service.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >