- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Praise for Arts Marketing Insights
"This isn't just a great handbook for arts marketers—it should be required reading for board members, too. It debunks, challenges, and clarifies a lot about consumer behavior and marketing best practices for the arts and backs it up with evidence."
—Michael Lynch, chief executive, South Bank Centre, and former chief executive, Sydney Opera House
"Joanne Scheff Bernstein has written the best manual I know on arts marketing. She never loses sight of the deep and unchanging value of the art itself, while offering a panoply of fascinating and useful ideas for getting it to more people."
—Peter Pastreich, former executive director, San Francisco Symphony and St. Louis Symphony
"With the same rigor, intelligence, and practicality she brings to her consulting work, Joanne Scheff Bernstein challenges readers of her new book to rethink old ways of marketing the arts. A 'must include' in any performing arts manager's library."
—Glenn McCoy, executive director, San Francisco Ballet
"The needs and behavior of audiences for the performing arts have changed fundamentally since 9/11. Joanne Scheff Bernstein records these changes and offers invaluable insights into how they can be addressed by laying out the necessity for a new order of thinking."
—Robert J. Orchard, executive director, American Repertory Theatre and Institute for Advanced Theatre Training at Harvard University
"This book presents an innovative framework for a fresh understanding of arts audiences whose market behavior has become more sophisticated in recent years."
—Severino Salvemini, professor of business organizations, and arts and cultural management program director, Bocconi University, Milan
"Arts Marketing Insights addresses the most critical issues facing every arts administrator involved in cultivating long-lasting relationships with audiences. Joanne Scheff Bernstein's observations and suggestions will stimulate valuable creative thinking across all departments."
—Marc A. Scorca, president and CEO, OPERA America
"I view this book, Arts Marketing Insights, as the performing arts bible for the times."
—Philip Kotler, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
Foreword (Philip Kotler).
1. The State of Performing Arts Attendance and the State of Marketing.
2. Exploring Characteristics of Current and Potential Performing Arts Audiences.
3. Understanding the Consumer Mind-Set.
4. Planning Strategy and Applying the Strategic Marketing Process.
5. Using Strategic Marketing to Define, Deliver, and Communicate Value.
6. Delivering Value Through Pricing Strategies.
7. Conducting and Using Marketing Research.
8. Leveraging the Internet and E-Mail Marketing.
9. Identifying and Capitalizing on Brand Identity.
10. Building Loyalty: Subscriptions and Beyond.
11. Valuing the Single Ticket Buyer.
12. Focusing on the Customer Experience and Delivering Great Customer Service.
Posted September 25, 2011
Posted January 28, 2007
This book helped me achieve a new level of understanding of how we can proactively build interest and audiences for the arts. There are so many doors to be opened and this book will help us find our way.Was this review helpful? Yes NoThank you for your feedback. Report this reviewThank you, this review has been flagged.