Hubert H. Fernandez, MD is an Associate Professor, Co-Director of the Movement Disorders Center, and Co-Director of the Residency Training Program, Department of Neurology, University of Florida College of Medicine, McKnight Brain Institute, Gainesville, FL. He writes for the National Parkinson Foundation's "Ask the Doctor."
Ask the Doctor About Parkinson's Diseaseby Michael Okun
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Derived from the National Parkinson Foundation's website column "Ask the Doctor this book answers frequently asked questions about Parkinson's disease in depth. Useful for caregivers, family members, and individuals living with PD, Ask the Doctor About Parkinson's Disease informs, empowers, and reassures readers with solutions and advice to their most pressing concerns. No topic is too simple or too complex. Written by two of the most recognized experts in the field, Drs. Okun and Fernandez answer questions in easy-to-understand language and address topics such as:
- Is ParkinsonC Us disease hereditary?
- Can stem cells cure Parkinson's disease?
- Why don't the drugs work for my walking problem?
- Why is a virus safe as a treatment for Parkinson's disease?
- Is there a drug that protects against the disease's progression?
- I have all the symptoms of PD but no tremor, can I still have the disease?
- And much more
Ask the Doctor About Parkinson's Disease is the perfect reference for individuals living PD, or for loved ones too embarrassed to ask questions.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews