ASP .NET Bible / Edition 1by Mridula Parihar, Essam Ahmed, Jim Chandler, Bill Hatfield
Pub. Date: 03/28/2002
What you need
* Harness the power of ASP.NET for next-generation Web
"Comprising far more than an updated reference for Web application development, the ASP.NET Bible provides crucial guidance on leveraging the significant advances ASP.NET represents for the Web developer."-Michael Lane Thomas, .NET Series Editor
What you need
* Harness the power of ASP.NET for next-generation Web applications
* Build, deploy, and run distributed applications targeting any device
* Master ASP.NET development using both Visual Basic .NET and C#
* If ASP.NET can do it, you can do it too . . .
Completely revamped for the .NET Platform, ASP.NET is an indispensable tool for creating the next generation of Web applications and Web Services. This comprehensive resource gives you in-depth guidance for building dynamic, data-driven applications tailored to any browser or device. Whether you're a seasoned ASP developer or a Web development newcomer, you'll find the real-world techniques and insights you need to take ASP.NET programming to the next level.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of ASP.NET
* Get up to speed fast on ASP.NET development with both Visual Basic .NET and C#
* Build forms with Web Controls, including Rich Web Controls like AdRotator and Calendar
* Debug ASP.NET pages - and learn how to write high-quality code
* Master ASP.NET database programming with ADO.NET and SQL Server
* Bind data and controls with XML
* Develop, deploy, and use business objects
* Create secure wireless applications using ASP.NET mobile controls
* Use ASP.NET to build, deploy, and publishWeb Services
Companion Web site includes source code from the book:
* Test your Web Service prior to deployment with the Web Service help page
* Learn how to use page output caching with ASP.NET
Reader Level: Beginning to Advanced
Shelving Category: Programming/Web Development
Table of Contents
Part I: ASP.NET Basics 1.
Chapter 1: Understanding the .NET Framework.
Chapter 2: Getting Started with ASP.NET.
Chapter 3: Building Forms with Web Controls.
Chapter 4: Using Rich Web Controls.
Chapter 5: Creating and Using Custom Controls.
Chapter 6: Validating User Input.
Chapter 7: Debugging ASP.NET Pages.
Part II: ASP.NET Database Programming.
Chapter 8: Introducing ADO.NET.
Chapter 9: Understanding Data Binding.
Chapter 10: Working with Data Grids.
Chapter 11: Using Templates.
Chapter 12: Using SQL Server with ASP.NET.
Chapter 13: Advanced Data Binding and XML.
Part III: Advanced ASP.NET.
Chapter 14: ASP.NET Application Configuration.
Chapter 15: Developing Business Objects.
Chapter 16: Building HTTP Handlers.
Chapter 17: Understanding Caching.
Chapter 18: Building Wireless Applications with ASP.NET Mobile Controls.
Chapter 19: ASP.NET Security.
Chapter 20: Localizing ASP.NET Applications.
Chapter 21: Deploying ASP.NET Applications.
Part IV: Building Web Services.
Chapter 22: Introduction to Web Services.
Chapter 23: Web Services Infrastructure.
Chapter 24: Understanding SOAP.
Chapter 25: Building a Web Service.
Chapter 26: Deploying and Publishing Web Services.
Chapter 27: Finding Web Services.
Chapter 28: Consuming Web Services.
Part V: Building ASP.NET Applications.
Chapter 29: ASP.NET Blackjack.
Chapter 30: Chatty Discussion Forum.
Appendix A: Visual Basic Syntax.
Appendix B: Visual Basic Functions and Features.
Appendix C: Visual Basic Object-Oriented Programming.
Appendix D: C# Syntax.
Appendix E: C# Classes.
Appendix F: C# Components.
End-User License Agreement.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >