- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Assessing Online Learning focuses on assessment as an integral part of learning. Building upon the paradigms and constructivist learning model established in Communication and Collaboration in the Online Classroom: Examples and Applications (2002), this collection offers an assortment of tools and strategies for evaluating learning and instructional design in online classrooms. Both conceptual and practical, this book addresses the salient issues of assessment and offers a variety of assessment tools and strategies for online classrooms and programs, such as self-assessment tools for students to evaluate their progress toward their final products, instruments in which teams can evaluate their progress and contributions, and specific tools and strategies for assessing students' critical thinking and writing skills in electronic discussion boards and in similar reflective writing environments.
Written for faculty, administrators, scholars, and researchers in higher education, this book will be a valuable resource to anyone with a particular interest in the topic of assessment and online learning.
Introduction: Assessment and Learning (Patricia Comeaux).
1. Assessment Is on the Line in Community Colleges (Margot Perez-Greene).
2. Designing and Managing Student Assessment in an Online Learning Environment (Mahnaz Moallem).
3. Team Assessment Guidelines: A Case Study of Collaborative Learning in Design (Karen belfer, Ron Wakkary).
4. Online Collaborative Assessment: Unpacking Process and Product (Bruce Burnett, Alan Roberts).
5. Using Virtual Learning Modules to Enhance and Assess Students’ Critical Thinking and Writing Skills (David Hofmeister, Matt Thomas).
6. Developing and Implementing a Model for Assessing Collaborative E-Learning Processes and Products (Marianna Sigala).
7. Enriching Online Assessment Using Interactive Digital Video (Tony Hall, Conor Molan, Liam Bannon, Eamonn Murphy).
8. Assessment Practices in an Online Lecture-Based Course and a Seminar-Based Course: Notable Differences (Ele McKenna-Byington).
9. Online Teaching and Learning: Assessing Academic Library Skills (Marina Orsini-Jones).
10. Computer-Mediated Communication as an Instructional Learning Tool: A Course Evaluation (Bolanle A. Olaniran).