PART ONE: UNDERSTANDING ASSESSMENT.
1. What Is Assessment?
2. How Can Student Learning Be Assessed?
3. What Is Good Assessment?
PART TWO: PLANNING FOR ASSESSMENT SUCCESS.
4. Why Are You Assessing Student Learning?
5. The Keys to a Culture of Assessment: Tangible Value and Respect.
6. Supporting Assessment Efforts with Time, Infrastructure, and Resources.
7. Organizing an Assessment Process.
8. Developing Learning Goals.
PART THREE: THE ASSESSMENT TOOLBOX.
9. Using a Scoring Guide or Rubric to Plan and Evaluate an Assignment.
10. Creating an Effective Assignment.
11. Writing a Traditional Test.
12. Assessing Values, Attitudes, Dispositions, and Habits of Mind.
13. Assembling Assessment Information into Portfolios.
14. Selecting a Published Test or Survey.
PART FOUR: UNDERSTANDING AND USING ASSESSMENT RESULTS.
15. Setting Benchmarks or Standards.
16. Summarizing and Analyzing Assessment Results.
17. Sharing Assessment Results with Internal and External Audiences.
18. Using Assessment Results Effectively and Appropriately.
19. Keeping the Momentum Going.