Assessment of Athletic Injuriesby Shultz, David Perrin, Peggy Houglum
Develop confidence in injury recognition and assessment techniques with this much-needed book. Assessment of Athletic Injuries equips students and athletic trainers with what they need to develop the evaluation skills to identify and differentiate various pathologies and accurately assess the nature and severity of the injury.The text offers step-by-step guidelines to develop a sound knowledge base and the skills required to effectively perform thorough and systematic injury assessments. You'll find well-illustrated descriptions of evaluation techniques the certified athletic trainer can use to help identify sport-related injuries and disorders. And you'll find clear descriptions of the symptoms of common medical conditions as well.
Assessment of Athletic Injuries provides the tools necessary to master essential components of injury assessment, including:
- determining an accurate history of the injury;
- conducting effective visual inspections of the injured areas and related structures, and palpating bony landmarks and soft tissues;
- asessing joint range of motion and mobility;
- using special tests designed to identify specific pathologies;
- conducting neurological strength and functional performance assessments;
- identifying when further testing and medical referral is necessary; and
- knowing when to call for emergency medical care.
Assessment of Athletic Injuries meets the needs of the student athletic trainer and serves as a rich reference source for the practicing certified athletic trainer.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >