- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The state of our understanding of each single step of human reproduction is presented in this volume, which also looks at the ongoing research aiming to improve human reproductive efficiency.
Invited chapters focus on the field of endometrial preparation for embryonization, trophoblast capability to implant into maternal endometrial tissue, and evidence-based medicine to improve embryos’ implantation and reduce recurrent abortion.
A report on human reproduction efficiencies through assisted reproductive technologies is presented as a review by both Europeans and Americans.
Among the major issues explored in this volume is the pelvic factor of sterility, endometriosis, miomas, and their medical and surgical treatments according to the principles of evidence-based medicine and evidence-based surgery.
Another important issue that is discussed is the possibility of building an artificial uterus using cellular biology (artificial endometrium), transplantation techniques (human uterus transplantation), and transplantation. Evidence-based strategies to prevent premature parturition concludes this section.
Surgical management of reproductive organs using the most up-to-date techniques is also be reported on, and particular attention is given to stem cells in gametes and embryonic stem cells.
NOTE: Annals volumes are available for sale as individual books or as a journal. For information on institutional journal subscriptions, please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/nyas.
ACADEMY MEMBERS: Please contact the New York Academy of Sciences directly to place your order (www.nyas.org). Members of the New York Academy of Science receive full-text access to the Annals online and discounts on print volumes. Please visit http://www.nyas.org/MemberCenter/Join.aspx for more information about becoming a member
Preface: Carlo Bulletti, Dominique De Ziegler, Seth Guller, andCharles J. Lockwood.
Part I: Ovarian and Oocyte Function: Current Concepts andPerspectives:.
1. The Ovary: Anatomy and Function throughout Human Life: OzgurOktem and Kutluk Oktay.
2. Pharmacogenetics in Ovarian Stimulation: Current Concepts:Dimitris Loutradis, Antonis Anastasios Vlismas, and PetrosDrakakis.
3. Stem Cells: A Perspective on Oocytes: Ozgur Oktem and KutlukOktay.
4. Ovarian Reserve: Maria Elisabetta Coccia and FrancescaRizzello.
Part II: Update of Assisted Reproductive Technology:.
5. Pretreatments before the Induction of Ovulation in AssistedReproduction Technologies: Evidence-based Medicine in 2007: JasonGabriel Bromer, Mehmet Bilge Cetinkaya, and Aydin Arici.
6. An Update of ART Results in the United States: Queenie V.Neri, Takumi Takeuchi, and Gianpiero D. Palermo.
7. Clinical Efficiency of Oocyte and Embryo Cryopreservation:Andrea Borini, Monica Cattoli, Carlo Bulletti and GiovanniCoticchio.
Part III: Advances in the Assessment of Male GameteFunction:.
8. Modern Andrology: From Semen Analysis to Post-genomic Studiesof the Male Gametes: Pasquale Patrizio, Fabio Sanguineti, and DennySakkas.
9. Male Gamete Empowerment: Takumi Takeuchi, Queenie V. Neri,and Gianpiero D. Palermo.
Part IV: Uterine Function: Preeclampsia, Infertility, andTransplantation:.
10. Decidual Cell-expressed Tissue Factor in Human Pregnancy andIts Involvement in Hemostasis and Preeclampsia-relatedAngiogenesis: Charles J. Lockwood, Graciela Krikun, Rebeca Caze,Mizanur Rahman, Lynn F. Buchwalder, and Frederick Schatz.
11. The Pelvic Factor of Infertility: Diagnosis and Prognosis ofVarious Procedures: Carlo Bulletti, I. Panzini, A. Borini, E.Coccia, Paolo Levi Setti, and Antonio Alagiano.
12. Uterus Transplant: Evidence and Ethics: Anjana Nair,Jeanetta Stega, J. Richard Smith, and Giuseppe Del Priore.
Part V: Pathogenesis and Interventions inEndometriosis:.
13. Endometriosis and Infertility: Epidemiology andEvidence-Based Treatments: Sebiha Ozkan, William Murk, and AydinArici.
14. Endometriosis and Tissue Factor: Graciela Krikun, FrederickSchatz, Hugh Taylor, and Charles J. Lockwood.
15. Stem Cells and the Pathogenesis of Endometriosis: Isaac E.Sasson and Hugh S. Taylor.
Part VI: Implantation and the Role of the Placenta in theImmunology of Pregnancy:.
16. Bioinformatics and Transcriptomics Studies of EarlyImplantation: John D.Alplin and Harmeet Singh.
17. Inflammation and Pregnancy: The Role of TLRs in TrophoblastImmune Interaction: Gil Mor.
18. The Placental Syncytium and the Pathophysiology ofPreeclampsia and Intrauterine Growth Restriction: A Novel Assay toAssess Syncytial Protein Expression: Seth Guller, Yula Y. Ma,Han-Hsuan Fu, Graciela Krikun, Vikki M. Abrahams, and Gil Mor.
Part VII: Medical Intervention and the Endocrinology ofMenopause, Obesity, and Pain Management:.
19. The Medical Management of the Menopause: To Treat or Not toTreat?: David H. Barlow.
20. Reproductive Endocrinology and Clinical Aspects of Obesityin Women: Mostafa Metwally, William L. Ledger, and Tin Chiu Li.
21. The Analgesic Effect of Betamethasone Administered toDay-care Patients before Conscious Sedation in Gynecologic andObstetric Surgery: Maria C. Pace, Caterina Aurilio, Mario Iannotti,Maria B. Passavanti, Carlo Bulletti , Leonardo Pace, MassimoMaisto, Pasquale Sansone, and Antonio Palagiano