Assessment of the Lower Limb / Edition 1by Linda M. Merriman
Pub. Date: 08/14/1995
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This comprehensive guide to the examination and assessment of the foot and lower limb will appeal to any practitioner with an interest in this part of the body. It thoroughly reviews the stages essential to accurate diagnosis, including descriptions of differential diagnosis and common pathologies. Highly illustrated with consistently presented information
This comprehensive guide to the examination and assessment of the foot and lower limb will appeal to any practitioner with an interest in this part of the body. It thoroughly reviews the stages essential to accurate diagnosis, including descriptions of differential diagnosis and common pathologies. Highly illustrated with consistently presented information throughout, Assessment of the Lower Limb also examines the unique aspects of specific populations such as children, the elderly, and athletes.
• Features a wealth of illustrations, including line diagrams, photographs, and color plates.
• Presents information in a logical manner imitating the clinical reasoning process.
• Each chapter can stand on its own for independent reading of the topic covered.
• Case studies are included to illustrate theories, and the text is fully referenced to encourage further research.
• Features a thorough re-write of previous edition by new contributors to the chapters on Methods of Analyzing Gait, Assessment of the Skin and Its Appendages, The Sports Patient, and Assessment of the At-Risk Foot.
• Includes entirely new chapters on Assessment of the Elderly and Pre- and Post-Operative Assessment.
• Offers new information on epidemiology, assessment technology, new techniques in neurological assessment, assessment of wear patterns on footwear, as well as new imaging techniques.
• A new co-author and a new team of contributors combine their expertise to present the very latest clinical information.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 10.24(w) x 1.18(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
PART I: Approaching the Patient
2. The Interview
3. The Presenting Problem
4. Clinical Measurements
PART II: Systems Examination
5. Medical and Social History
6. Vascular Assessment
7. Neurological Assessment
8. Assessment of the Locomotor System
9. Assessment of the Skin and Its Appendages
10. Assessment of the Elderly
11. Pre- and Post-Operative Assessment
12. Footwear Assessment
PART III: Laboratory and Hospital Investigations
13. Radiographic Assessment
14. Methods of Analyzing Gait
15. Laboratory Tests
PART IV: Specific Client Groups
16. The Paediatric Patient
17. The Sports Patient
18. The Painful Foot
19. Assessment of the At-Risk Foot
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >