Astronomy: A Beginner's Guide to the Universe Plus MasteringAstronomy with eText -- Access Card Package / Edition 7by Eric Chaisson, Steve McMillan
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID,/b>/b>/b>… See more details below
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For one-semester Introduction to Astronomy courses.
With Astronomy: A Beginner’s Guide, Seventh Edition, the briefer version of their two seminal textbooks, trusted authors Eric Chaisson and Steve McMillan continue to emphasize three major themes: the process of science, the size and scale of the universe, and the evolution of the cosmos. In the Seventh Edition, Chaisson and McMillan ignite your interest with increased coverage of the most exciting, current discoveries in astronomy and create a bridge to scientific understanding with student-friendly art and better learning tools.
0321814916 / 9780321814913 Astronomy: A Beginner's Guide to the Universe Plus MasteringAstronomy with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321815351 / 9780321815354 Astronomy: A Beginner's Guide to the Universe
0321840550 / 9780321840554 MasteringAstronomy with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Astronomy: A Beginner's Guide to the Universe (ME Component)
Note: For Customer Technical Support go to http://247pearsoned.custhelp.com
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 9.60(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.30(d)
Table of Contents
0. Charting the Heavens: The Foundations of Astronomy
1. The Copernican Revolution: The Birth of Modern Science
2. Light and Matter: The Inner Workings of the Cosmos
3. Telescopes: The Tools of Astronomy
II. OUR PLANETARY SYSTEM
4. The Solar System: Interplanetary Matter and the Birth of the Planets
5. Earth and Its Moon: Our Cosmic Backyard
6. The Terrestrial Planets: A Study in Contrasts
7. The Jovian Planets: Giants of the Solar System
8. Moons, Rings, and Plutoids: Small Worlds Among Giants
III. THE STARS
9. The Sun: Our Parent Star
10. Measuring the Stars: Giants, Dwarfs, and the Main Sequence
11. The Interstellar Medium: Star Formation in the Milky Way
12. Stellar Evolution: The Lives and Deaths of Stars
13. Neutron Stars and Black Holes: Strange States of Matter
IV. GALAXIES AND THE UNIVERSE
14. The Milky Way Galaxy: A Spiral in Space
15. Normal and Active Galaxies: Building Blocks of the Universe
16. Hubble’s Law and Dark Matter: The Large-Scale Structure of the Cosmos
17. Cosmology: The Big Bang and the Fate of the Universe
18. Life in the Universe: Are We Alone?
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >