Asymmetric Fluoroorganic Chemistry: Synthesis, Applications, and Future Directionsby P. V. Ramachandran
Pub. Date: 02/28/2000
Publisher: American Chemical Society
The substitution of fluorine in an organic molecule increases its chemical stability and changes its reactivity, sometimes leading to substantially more effective medicines, pesticides, and herbicides. This book collects current work on the synthesis of these compounds. See more details below
The substitution of fluorine in an organic molecule increases its chemical stability and changes its reactivity, sometimes leading to substantially more effective medicines, pesticides, and herbicides. This book collects current work on the synthesis of these compounds.
Table of Contents
1. Fluorine-Containing Chiral Compounds of Biomedical Interest, Robert Filler
Reagent-Controlled Asymmetric Synthesis
2. Asymmetric Synthesis of Fluoroorganic Compounds via Chiral Organoboranes, P. V. Ramachandran and Herbert C. Brown
3. Catalytic Asymmetric Synthesis of Fluoroorganic Compounds: MukaiyamaAldol and Hnery Reactions, Katsuhiko Iseki
4. Asymmetric Fluorination of *a-Amino Ketones: Synthesis of Monofluoroketomethylene Peptide Isosteres and Related Compounds, Robert V. Hoffman and Junhua Tao
5. Asymmetric FriedelCrafts Reactions with Fluoral Catalyzed by Chiral Binaphthol-Derived Titanium Catalysts, Akihiro Ishii and Koichi Mikami
Substrate-Controlled Asymmetric Synthesis
6. Biomimetic, Reducing Agent-Free Reductive Amination of Fluorocarbonyl Compounds: Practical Asymmetric Synthesis of Enantiopure Fluoroamines and Amino Acids, Vadim A. Soloshonok
7. Stereoselective and Enantioselective Synthesis of New Fluoroalkyl Peptidomimetic Units: Amino Alcohols and Isoserines, Ahmed Abouabdellah et al.
8. Asymmetric Synthesis of Fluoroalkyl Amino Compounds via Chiral Sulfoxides, Pierfrancesco Bravo et al.
9. Studies toward the Syntheses of Functionalized, Fluorinated Allyl Alcohols, P. V. Ramachandran, M. Venkat Ram Reddy, and Michael T. Rudd
10. Diastereoselective Synthesis of *b-Fluoroalkyl *b-Amino Alcohols Units, Matteo Zanda, Pierfrancesco Bravo, and Alessandro Volonterio
11. Diastereoselective Construction of Novel Sugars Containing Variously Fluorinated Methyl Groups as Intermediates for Fluorinated Aldols, Takashi Yamazaki, Shuichi Hiraoka, and Tomoya Kitazume
Synthesis of Fluoroorganic Targets
12. Synthesis of Enatiopure Fluorine-Containing Taxoids and Their Use as Anticancer Agents as well as Probes for Biomedical Problems, Iwao Ojima et al.
Bioorganic Synthesis of Asymmetric Fluoroorganic Compounds
14. Chemical and Biochemical Approaches to the Enantiomers of Chiral Fluorinated Catecholamines and Amino Acids, K. L. Kirk et al.
15. Natural Products Containing Fluorine and Recent Progress in Elucidating the Pathway of Fluorometabolite Biosynthesis in Streptomyces cattleya, D. O'Hagan and D. B. Harper
Asymmetric Fluoroorganic Chemistry in Materials Chemistry
16. Synthetic Aspects of Fluorine-Containing Chiral Liquid Crystals, Tamejiro Hiyama, Tetsuo Kusumoto, and Hiroshi Matsutani
17. Resolution of Racemic Perfluorocarbons through Self-Assembly Driven by Electron Donor-Acceptor Intermolecular Recognition, Maria Teresa Messina, Pierangelo Metrangolo, and Giuseppe Resnati
18. Catalytic Asymmetric Synthesis of Diastereomeric *a- or *b-CF[3 Liquid Crystalline Molecules: Conformational Probe for Anti-Ferroelectricity and Self-Assembly for Spontaneous Chiral Resolution of the Racemates, Koichi Mikami
Asymmetric Fluoroorganic Chemistry in Agrochemistry and Pharmacy
19. Chiral 3-Aryl-4-halo-5-(trifluoromethyl)pyrazoles: Synthesis and Herbicidal Activity of Enantiomeric Lactate Derivatives of Aryl-Pyrazole Herbicides, Bruce C. Hamper et al.
20. Chiral Fluorinated Anesthetics, Keith Ramig
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >