- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book serves as a bridge between biomechanics and the practice of sport. By providing a detailed analysis of movement, it helps readers understand the important factors for maximizing performance. Valuable coverage is provided on the general characteristics of bones, joints, and muscles, as well as guidelines for flexibility and strength training that provide a firm theoretical framework for effective training. From this basis, the book explores the anatomy function of different parts of the body and examines the types of movement important in sports activities.
• The book's unique approach features a rigorous application of biomechanics to sport training.
• Mechanics are related to the use of muscles in specific sports.
• Coverage is both theoretical and practical, making the book useful both for academic study and as a training aid.
• Highly illustrated format helps readers understand key concepts and important details.
• Fully updated content provides the latest knowledge on the subject.
• New illustrations and new, engaging text layout draw the reader in and bring important concepts to life.
• Additional coverage has been added on several topics, including strength training.
1. General anatomy of bones, joints and muscles (the skeleton; joints; muscles; flexibility training; strength training)
2.. Basic rules of mechanics
3. Anatomy and function of the leg (the hip; hip muscles; the knee joint; muscles of the knee joint; lower leg and foot)
4. Anatomy and function of the trunk (Spinal column and vertebrae; muscles of the back; abdominal muscles)
5. Anatomy and function of the arm (the shoulder; the upper arm; the elbow; the wrist and lower arm)
6. Sports mechanics (Force; center of gravity; acceleration; impulse and momentum; circular motion; moment of inertia; applications)
7. Hints for stretching
8. Review of relevant muscles