Atlas of Airway Management: Techniques and Toolsby Steven L. Orebaugh
Pub. Date: 10/28/2006
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Successful airway management demands strict attention to anatomic detail and the ability to tailor management strategies to each patient’s illness and presentation. With the Atlas of Airway Management, readers will discover a clinically focused, abundantly illustrated guide to relevant anatomy, as well as the latest tools and proven techniques in the/i>
Successful airway management demands strict attention to anatomic detail and the ability to tailor management strategies to each patient’s illness and presentation. With the Atlas of Airway Management, readers will discover a clinically focused, abundantly illustrated guide to relevant anatomy, as well as the latest tools and proven techniques in the field.
The Second Edition of this respected resource presents an improved and enlarged text—along with new sections on pediatric applications, bronchoscopy, special airway considerations in the emergency room and the ICU, and post-intubation care issues. Coverage of new and emerging techniques includes material on noninvasive ventilation and high-frequency jet ventilation.
A wealth of helpful features…
• Clinical orientation of the text emphasizes practical approaches over theory.
• Concise presentation and abundant lists make key facts easy to find and retain.
• Lavishly illustrated design includes high-quality color photographs and drawings to help readers better identify key anatomic features.
• Step-by-step "how-to" approach delivers practical procedural guidance.
• Coverage of the latest tools and techniques embraces the fields of anesthesiology, critical care, pediatric critical care, and emergency medicine.
NEW in the Second Edition…
• Improved and enlarged illustration program facilitates visual learning
• Co-editor, Paul Bigeleisen, brings his expertise in anesthesiology to the text.
• New chapters address airway management solutions for patients with obstructive sleep apnea and morbid obesity, as well as airway issues for gynecologic patients.
• A new section addresses surgical situations requiring specialized airway management.
• Updated information on the latest tools addresses devices such as the Glidescope and other video-type laryngoscopes.
• Companion website includes the complete and fully searchable text.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
PART I: ROUTINE AIRWAY MANAGEMENT
The Pediatric Airway
Confirmation of Endotracheal Tube Placement
Retraction Blades for Direct Laryngoscopy
Pharmacology of Airway Management
PART II: DIFFICULT AIRWAY MANAGEMENT: RECOGNITION, TRAINING, AND MANAGEMENT
Definition, Incidence, and Predictors of the Difficult Airway
Decision Making in Difficult Airway Management
Training in Airway Management
Examples and Illustrations of Conditions Predisposing to Difficult Airway Management
PART III: ADJUNCTS TO DIRECT LARYNGOSCOPY
Mirrors and Mirror Blades
Prisms and Prism Blades
Bougies and Airway Stylets
PART IV: BLIND INTUBATION
Blind Nasotracheal Intubation
Blind Orotracheal Intubation
PART V: LIGHTWANDS AND OPTICAL STYLETS
PART VI: RETROGRADE TECHNIQUES
PART VII: FIBEROPTIC TECHNIQUES
Flexible Fiberoptic Bronchoscopes
Rigid Fiberoptic Scopes
PART VIII: EMERGENCY VENTILATION
Laryngeal Mask Airway
Intubating Laryngeal Mask Airway
New Supraglottic Ventilation Devices
Transtracheal "Jet" Ventilation
PART IX: COMBINATION TECHNIQUES
Intubation through Laryngeal Mask Airway or Intubation Laryngeal Mask Airway with a Bougie, Lighted Stylet, or Optical Stylet
Retrograde Intubation and Flexible Fiberoptic Bronchoscope Intubation
Flexible Fiberoptic Bronchoscope Intubation through the Laryngeal Mask Airway
Flexible Fiberoptic Bronchoscope Intubation through the Intubating Laryngeal Mask Airway
Flexible Fiberoptic Bronchoscope Intubation and the Esophageal-tracheal Combitube
Transtracheal Jet Ventilation and Flexible Fiberoptic Bronchoscope Intubation
PART X: EMERGENCY SURGICAL AIRWAYS
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >