Atlas of Clinical Ophthalmology With CD-ROM / Edition 3by David J. Spalton, Paul Hunter, Roger A. Hitchings
Pub. Date: 12/23/2004
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
"A definite visual feast, this book is a prize for any bookshelf." (American Journal of Ophthalmology, review of the last edition) The 3rd Edition of this critically acclaimed source offers unparalleled visual guidance on state-of-the-art ocular diagnostic imaging, pathology, and surgery. More than 3,400 outstanding photographs and line drawings (over 1,800 in full
"A definite visual feast, this book is a prize for any bookshelf." (American Journal of Ophthalmology, review of the last edition) The 3rd Edition of this critically acclaimed source offers unparalleled visual guidance on state-of-the-art ocular diagnostic imaging, pathology, and surgery. More than 3,400 outstanding photographs and line drawings (over 1,800 in full color) richly capture a full range of common and uncommon eye disorders and the methods used to treat them. And, a bonus CD enables users to incorporate all of the book's images into electronic presentations.
• Features contributions from 20 world-renowned authorities.
• Discusses examination, investigation, and diagnosis for each ophthalmic syndrome, as well as relevant embryology, histology, pathology, and ocular manifestations of systemic disease.
• Offers an organization both by chapter and by ophthalmic subspecialty, making information easy to find.
• Depicts the very newest imaging and pathology studies and their findings.
• Covers the latest refractive surgery and LASIK techniques.
• Delivers over 1,000 completely new illustrations3,400 in allover 1,800 in full color.
• Includes all of the book's images on CD for convenient use in electronic presentations.
With 17 additional contributors.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 10.26(w) x 12.44(h) x 1.44(d)
Table of Contents
1. Methods of Ocular Examination
2. The Eyelids
3. The Conjunctiva: Diseases and Tumours
4. Infections of the Outer Eye
5. Allergic Eye Diseases, Episcleritis and Scleritis
6. The Cornea
7. Primary Glaucoma
8. Secondary Glaucoma
9. The Uveal Tract
10. Intraocular Inflammation
11. The Lens
12. Vitreous and Vitreo-Retinal Disorders
13. The Normal Retina
14. The Retina: Vascular Diseases I
15. The Retina: Vascular Diseases II
16. The Retina: Macular Diseases and Retinal Dystrophies
17. The Optic Disc
20. The Orbit and Lacrimal System
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This book is probably the most important ophthalmology text you'll ever purchase. The photo quality is amazing, with diagrams carefully labeling essential features of each figure. The text is top-notch, and as whole incredibely comprehensive. Reading this book cover to cover gives one a very solid understanding of ophthalmolgy with pleasant visual inputs, and takes only a few days. It is also (visually) a gorgeous installment for any coffee table.