"The third edition of this book is again well illustrated and helpful for gynaecological surgical pathologists" Reviewd by: PathLab.org Date: June 2014
Atlas of Gynecologic Surgical Pathology: Expert Consult: Online and Printby Philip B. Clement, Robert H. Young
Rapidly and accurately identify gynecologic tumors and related lesions with the updated Atlas of Gynecologic Surgical Pathology. Complete with hundreds of stunning photographs and now available with online access, this visually dynamic medical reference book provides you with the know-how you need to perform state-of-the-art/b>/b>/i>/b>… See more details below
Rapidly and accurately identify gynecologic tumors and related lesions with the updated Atlas of Gynecologic Surgical Pathology. Complete with hundreds of stunning photographs and now available with online access, this visually dynamic medical reference book provides you with the know-how you need to perform state-of-the-art gynecologic diagnoses, right at your own microscope.
"The third edition of this book is again well illustrated and helpful for gynaecological surgical pathologists" Reviewed by: PathLab.org Date: June 2014
- Quickly and effortlessly find the essential information you need with summary tables, charts, and boxes throughout the text.
- Expedite reference with a consistent approach to every entity discussed, including definitions, clinical features, gross features, microscopic features, and differential diagnoses.
- Avoid diagnostic errors with comprehensive coverage of commonly encountered pitfalls.
- Overcome today's toughest diagnostic challenges with guidance from internationally recognized experts in gynecologic pathology.
- Stay completely current on the newest disease entities and updated classification schemes, and take advantage of nearly 1,000 brand-new references.
- Ensure diagnostic accuracy and gain absolute visual clarity with the addition of 100 images.
- Remain at the forefront of the most recently developed diagnostic methods, such as immunohistochemical diagnosis for malignant lesions and differential diagnosis of neoplastic and pseudoneoplastic lesions.
- Access the complete contents online at Expert Consult.
Description: This concise book outlines the pathology of the entire female gynecological system with easy-to-read text and great images.
Purpose: The book is designed to be an easy-to-use practical guide in the diagnosis of female reproductive system pathology. This is much needed in this area of pathology.
Audience: The intended audience includes practicing pathologists in academia or private practice as well as clinicians with an interest or practice in the field. The book is designed for physicians whether they are beginning residents or practicing pathologists.
Features: This is an in-depth, concise book on neoplasms of the female genital tract, benign or malignant, rare or common, but with an emphasis on the less rare entities. The book is well organized and uses the same format throughout the book which helps when comparing pathological entities. This is a huge plus and is essential in a good, practical pathology book. This is a perfect mix of detail and brevity. It has enough depth to make accurate and confident diagnoses, but is concise enough to use on a daily basis without slowing the pathologist down.
Assessment: All pathologists, particularly surgical pathologists, should have this book in their library. It is easy to use, concise, and makes differentiating pathological entities much easier than many other books. Pathology of the Female Reproductive Tract, 2nd edition, Robboy et al. (Elsevier, 2008), is also a great book, but it serves its own niche, for when that tiny bit more detail is needed to come to the correct diagnosis. However, more than 99 percent of the time, this book is more than sufficient.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.90(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.20(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >