Atlas of Minimally Invasive Surgery with DVDby Constantine T. Frantzides, Mark A. Carlson
Pub. Date: 10/07/2008
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This first of its-kind reference shows you how to perform today’s laparoscopic procedures using videos demonstrating the step-by-step how-to’s you need to know. Nearly 30 videos on DVD-each 10-20 minutes long, with narration-describe the key steps for all of the commonly-performed minimally invasive procedures. In addition to the procedures on DVD, a… See more details below
This first of its-kind reference shows you how to perform today’s laparoscopic procedures using videos demonstrating the step-by-step how-to’s you need to know. Nearly 30 videos on DVD-each 10-20 minutes long, with narration-describe the key steps for all of the commonly-performed minimally invasive procedures. In addition to the procedures on DVD, a full-color standard operative atlas is included-illustrated with nearly 400 photos and line drawings addressing the key portions of each surgical procedure-providing complete details on the technical considerations of each operation. Inclusion of cutting-edge technology helps you incorporate these advances into your repertoire. Coverage by top experts in the field-including Dr. Frantzides and Dr. Carlson, leading authorities on laparoscopic procedures-ensures guidance you can trust.
• Demonstrates 30 key laparoscopic procedures through a DVD of operative videos, each 10-20 minutes in length, enabling you to see the progression of each surgery in real time.
• Uses voice-over narration to clarify important nuances of each technique.
• Presents coverage of cutting-edge breakthroughs, keeping you up to date on the latest surgical developments.
• Includes more than 395 photos and line drawings in the text to augment key portions of the surgical procedures reviewed.
• Features the work of top experts in the field, including Drs. Constantine T. Frantzides and Mark A. Carlson, leading authorities on laparoscopic procedures.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Hardcover with DVD
- Product dimensions:
- 9.20(w) x 12.20(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
1. Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy, Michael Kent and James D. Luketich
2. Laparoscopic Esophagomyotomy, Eric S. Hungness and Nathaniel J. Soper
3. Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication, Constantine T. Frantzides and Mark A. Carlson
4. Laparoscopic Hiatal Herniorrhaphy, Constantine T. Frantzides, Frank A. Granderath, Ursula M. Granderath, and Mark A. Carlson
5. Laparoscopic Total Gastrectomy for Malignancy, Manish Parikh and Alfons Pomp
6. Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass with Roux-en-Y Gastrojejunostomy, Constantine T. Frantzides and John G. Zografakis
7. Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding, Atul K. Madan, John G. Zografakis, and Constantine T. Frantzides
8. Minimally Invasive Sleeve Gastrectomy, Tallal M. Zeni
9. Minimally Invasive Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch, Manish Parikh, Michel Gagner, and Alfons Pomp
10. Risk Assessment as a Guide to Thrombosis Prophylaxis in Bariatric Surgical Patients, Joseph A. Caprini
III. SMALL BOWEL
11. Minimally Invasive Procedures on the Small Intestine, Tallal M. Zeni, Willem A. Bemelman, and Constantine T. Frantzides
12. Laparoscopic Feeding Gastrostomy and Jejunostomy, Cedric S. F. Lorenzo and Kenric M. Murayama
IV. COLON AND RECTUM
13. Hand-Assisted Minimally Invasive Right Colectomy, Kirk A. Ludwig
14. Minimally Invasive Transverse Colectomy, Constantine T. Frantzides, Luis E. Laguna, and Mark A. Carlson
15. Minimally Invasive Left Colectomy, Constantine T. Frantzides, George E. Polymeneas, and Mark A. Carlson
16. Minimally Invasive Total Colectomy, Morris E. Franklin, Jr., and Guillermo Portillo
17. Minimally Invasive Low Anterior Resection and Abdominal Perineal Resection, Hubert A. Prins and Antonio M. Lacy
18. Minimally Invasive Proctocolectomy and Ileal Pouch-Anal Anastomosis, Daniel A. Lawes and Tonia M. Young-Fadok
19. Laparoscopic Appendectomy, John G. Zografakis
20. Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, Constantine T. Frantzides, Mark A. Carlson, and Minh Luu
21. Laparoscopic Common Bile Duct Exploration and Intraoperative Cholangiography, Joseph B. Petelin
22. Laparoscopic Hepaticojejunostomy, Saleh Baghdadi and Basil J. Ammori
VI. PANCREAS AND SPLEEN
23. Minimally Invasive Distal Pancreatectomy, Malcolm M. Bilimoria, Constantine T. Frantzides, Minh Luu, and Luis E. Laguna
24. Minimally Invasive Splenectomy, Albert Chi, John G. Zografakis, and Michael J. Demeure
VII. KIDNEY AND ADRENAL
25. Minimally Invasive Transperitoneal Nephrectomy, Matthew D. Dunn and Josh Hsu
26. Minimally Invasive Adrenalectomy, Emery L. Chen and Richard A. Prinz
27. Laparoscopic Preperitoneal Inguinal Hernia Repair, George S. Ferzli and Eric D. Edwards
28. Laparoscopic Transabdominal Preperitoneal Inguinal Hernia Repair, Constantine T. Frantzides, John G. Zografakis, and Mark A. Carlson
29. Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair, Constantine T. Frantzides, Mark A. Carlson, and John G. Zografakis
30. Laparoscopic Repair of Diaphragmatic Hernia Not Involving the Hiatus, Constantine T. Frantzides, Atul K. Madan, and Mark A. Carlson
IX. GENERAL TOPICS
31. Antimicrobial Prophylaxis in the Era of Laparoscopic Surgery, Charles E. Edmiston, Jr.
32. Anesthetic Implications for Laparoscopic Surgery, Joseph W. Szokol and Martin Nitsun
33. Instrumentation in Laparoscopic Surgery, Tallal M. Zeni, Constantine T. Frantzides, and Ronald E. Moore, Jr
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >