Atlas of Neurologic Diagnosis and Treatment: Revised Reprintby R. Douglas Collins, Wendy Beth Jackelow
Pub. Date: 11/01/2004
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
The maze of neuroanatomy, symptomatology, and neurologic syndromes can be daunting to the primary care practitioner. Patients are often quickly referred to a specialist or subjected to a range of expensive diagnostic tests. With this clear and practical reference, you will address the challenges of neurologic diagnosis and management at the primary care level—
The maze of neuroanatomy, symptomatology, and neurologic syndromes can be daunting to the primary care practitioner. Patients are often quickly referred to a specialist or subjected to a range of expensive diagnostic tests. With this clear and practical reference, you will address the challenges of neurologic diagnosis and management at the primary care level—with straightforward illustrated guidance on neuroanatomy, physical examination, the neurologic workup, diagnostic tests, differential diagnosis, and treatment options.
Begin your journey from complexity to clarity.
- In-depth coverage addresses a range of commonly encountered neurologic disorders, showing you what to look for, what tests to order, and how the results affect your treatment choices.
- Abundant, colorful illustrations help you understand critical neuroanatomy and recognize clinically significant anomalies.
- Synopses of etiology, diagnosis, and treatment for each disease give you the information you need to understand and address the patient's problem.
- Differential diagnosis of neurologic symptoms and signs are addressed, together with the work-up of each symptom and sign—all arranged in alphabetical order for easy reference.
- Case studies bring the diseases to life by highlighting salient features to help hone your physical examination and diagnostic skills.
- Useful appendices outline additional special examination techniques, laboratory workup for neurologic symptoms, and treatment guidelines for each disease.
- Thorough references guide you to resources that address rare disorders and controversial diagnostic procedures not covered in the text.
- Handy glossary provides a fingertip reference to commonly used terms.
Before you evaluate your next patient...be sure this indispensable reference is in your hands. Order your copy today!
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.40(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >