Atmospheric Aerosols: Characterization, Chemistry, Modeling, and Climateby Kalliat T. Valsaraj, Raghava R. Kommalapati
Pub. Date: 02/19/2009
Publisher: American Chemical Society
Atmospheric aerosols play a large role in air pollution in urban areas and in regulating climate. They also play a role in the ongoing debate on global warming potentials of various species. To understand the proper roles of aerosols in the atmosphere, we need data on their physical characterization, their chemistry and appropriate models to project into the… See more details below
Atmospheric aerosols play a large role in air pollution in urban areas and in regulating climate. They also play a role in the ongoing debate on global warming potentials of various species. To understand the proper roles of aerosols in the atmosphere, we need data on their physical characterization, their chemistry and appropriate models to project into the future. Apart from general discussions in textbooks, there are not very many monographs devoted to the aspects outlined above. This symposium series book will describe the characteristics of atmospheric aerosols, the chemistry of aerosols, and finally the interplay between aerosol modeling and global climate changes using specific case studies.
The book is organized into three sections: Characterization, Chemistry and Modeling of Atmospheric Aerosols. The characterization section of the book includes three chapters. The chapters include: The role of morphology on aerosol particle reactivity; The chemistry portion of the book covers several interesting topics including secondary aerosols and the chapters include: Surface activity of perfluorinated compounds at the air-water interface; Atmospheric chemistry of urban surface films; Photochemistry of secondary organic aerosol formed from oxidation of monoterpenes; Finally the modeling section of the book includes two very interesting chapters; Understanding climatic effects of aerosols: modeling radiative effects of aerosols; Environmental effects to residential New Orleans following hurricane katrina: indoor sediment, vapor-phase and aerosolized contaminants.
Table of Contents
1. Atmospheric Aerosols and their Importance
2. The Role of Morphology on Aerosol Particle Reactivity.
3. The Characteristics and the Cytotoxic Effects of Particulate Matter in the Ambient Air of the Chiang Mai-Lamphun Basin in Northern Thailand.
4. Toluene Decomposition on Water Droplets in Corona Discharge.
5. Surface Activity of Perfluorinated Compounds at the Air-Water Interface
6. Atmospheric Chemistry of Urban Surface Films.
7. Photochemistry of Secondary Organic Aerosol Formed from Oxidation of Monoterpenes.
8. Effect of Highly Concentrated Dry (NH4)2SO4 Seed Aerosols on Ozone and Secondary Organic Aerosol Formation in Aromatic Hydrocarbon/NOx Photooxidation systems.
9. Adsorption and UV Photo-oxidation of Gas Phase Phenanthrene on Atmospheric Films.
10. Understanding Climatic Effects of Aerosols: Modeling Radiative Effects of Aerosols.
11. Environmental Effects to Residential New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina: Indoor Sediment, Vapor-Phase and Aersolized Contaminants.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >