- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This guide will keep you cool
Like its earlier editions, this fully updated guidebook is packed with practical information on installing, servicing, maintaining, and trouble-shooting air-conditioning systems. Whether you're an AC professional, an independent repair technician, or a cost-conscious homeowner, everything you need is here. Clearly organized and loaded with diagrams and illustrations, it's a vital addition to your toolbox.
* Find concise, accurate information on installing and maintaining both residential and commercial systems
* Understand the physics of air conditioning and filtration
* Make accurate temperature measurements using various methods and devices
* Work with room air conditioners, water cooling systems, and auto air conditioning
* Learn about refrigerants, compressors, condensers, evaporators, and AC motors
* Service, troubleshoot, and repair both old and new AC units
About the Authors.
Chapter 1: Air-Conditioning Fundamentals.
Chapter 2: Psychrometry.
Chapter 3: Heat Leakage.
Chapter 4: Ventilation Requirements.
Chapter 5: Room Air Conditioners.
Chapter 6: Refrigerants.
Chapter 7: Compressors for Air Conditioners.
Chapter 8: Condensing Equipment for Air Conditioners.
Chapter 9: Evaporators for Air Conditioners.
Chapter 10: Water-Cooling Systems.
Chapter 11: Air-Conditioning Control Methods.
Chapter 12: Weather Data and Design Conditions.
Chapter 13: Year-Round Central Air Conditioning.
Chapter 14: Automobile Air Conditioning.
Chapter 15: Motors and Motor Controls.
Appendix A: Professional Organizations.