- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.16(w) x 10.89(h) x 0.67(d)
Table of Contents
I. FOUNDATIONS FOR AN ECOLOGICAL APPROACH TO AUTHENTIC ASSESSMENT.
1. Changes in Views of Learning and Assessment.
2. Why Do We Assess?
3. Why Should We Assess Ecologically.
4. Reading Development.
5. Writing Development.
6. Constructing a Developmental Writing Continuum.
II. ECOLOGICAL PORTFOLIO SYSTEMS FOR READING AND WRITING.
7. Creating the Context and Goals for Assessing and Reading and Writing.
8. The Portfolio System — “The Big Picture.”
9. Professional Observation — A Central Component of an Ecological Portfolio System.
10. Organizing a Teacher Observation Notebook.
III. OBSERVING READING AND WRITING WITHIN THE ECOLOGICAL PORTFOLIO SYSTEM.
11. Introduction... Integrating Assessment and Instruction.
12. Observing Reading: The Running Record and Comprehension.
13. Observing for Reading Strategies, Independence, Metacognitive Awareness, Level of Reading Acquisition, Attitudes and Interests, Engagement, and Purposive Reading.
14. The Working Portfolio for Reading.
15. Observing Writing.
16. The Working Portfolio for Writing.
17. Getting Started and Wrapping Up: “Roaming around the Known” and Developing Showcase Portfolios.
18. Communicating Student Literacy Development to Parents.
IV. ECOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT IN PRACTICE.
19. There Must Be Something Wrong, We’re Having Too Much Fun.
20. Literacy Portfolios in the Intermediate Grades: “Under Construction.”
21. Elementary School Writing Assessment: A Developmental Perspective.
V. ECOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT: REPORTING BEYOND THE CLASSROOM.
22. Issues of Reliability and Validity.
23. Communicating Information Beyond the Classroom.
Additional Resource Material for Constructing an Ecological Assessment System.
Appendix: Forms You Might Use.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >