Prepare the exiting and flavorful cuisine of the American Southwest with this easy-to-follow Santa Fe cookbook.
Nestled at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Santa Fe has the spirit of the Native American, Spanish, Mexican and Anglo-American settlers who built it—and an exciting cuisine to match. Some of today's hottest Santa Fe chefs are incorporating the region's staple ingredients—rice, beans, squash and chiles—into mouthwatering new tex-mex dishes.
Authentic Southwestern recipes include:
Authentic Recipes from Santa Fe
- Mexican Corn Chowder from The Pink Adobe Restaurant
- Carne Adovada from Marie's New Mexican Kitchen
- Rack of Lamb with Heirloom Bean Ragout from Santecafe
- Orange-marinated Chicken Fajitas from Santa Fe School of Cooking
- Red Corn Rubbed Chicken from Inn of the Anasazi
- Chilean Sea Bass Napoleon from La Casa Sena
- Taco-nolis from Cafe Pasqual's
offers the best of Southwest cooking, New Mexico's traditional dishes, and a sampling of today's cooking innovations. Introductory essays provide the historical and geographical context of the cuisine, and glossaries of unusual ingredients, along with illustrated how-to sections, are included.