Autism: An Informative Guide to Understanding Autismby Paul Davidson
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Do you have an autistic child or know someone who has autism? Do you understand the special needs of an autistic person? Sometimes it is hard to understand that an autistic child is trapped within themselves without the ability to communicate or socially interact with others. While there is no cause or cure yet, autism can be treated and according to the level of severity, many adult autistic people can enjoy a rich, fulfilling life.
To most people autism is a mystery. Over the past 20 years cases of autism has jumped an amazing 172%. Ninety people out of every ten thousand born this year will be diagnosed with autism. Where did this strange disorder come from and why is it affecting more and more of our children each year? Parents and doctors have pondered this question for decades and very few details are sorted out. How do you teach an autistic child?
Finally a one of a kind guide that answers all the questions the parent or a teacher of an autistic child would have. Filled with informative literature the reader will get the real facts about autism and learn how to cope with the stress of raising and teaching an autistic child. You will learn what autism is and you will learn how to deal with the problems associated with it.
Here is what you will learn inside this guide....
• The true definition and characteristics of autism.
• The symptoms of autism and the degree of severity
• The latest research that gives hope for the discovery of the cause of autism
• Different educational ideas for the autistic child
• An in depth study of the communication and social skill problems of the autistic
• Myths and misinformation about autism is exposed
• Resources on where to get support for the parents of autistic children
• Treatment and diagnoses methods are explained
• A full explanation about the difference between Asperger’s syndrome and autism
• How to deal with symptoms like fixation and lack of eye contact
• And a lot more!
Since autism is such a detailed disorder you might want this reference as handy as possible for friends, family, or other care givers of the child. Even a nanny or babysitter would benefit with more information about autism and what they can learn to make their jobs easier and the life of the child more fulfilled. All wrapped up in one little package and the time saved doing the research is done for you. You just click, read, learn, and apply the knowledge to make you and the autistic person in your life happier and safer.
- BN ID:
- Learning Life eBooks
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 241 KB
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews