- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This resource addresses issues related to identification, assessment, teaching and learning, social skills and behavior, alternative intervention, home-based programs, and transition from preschool to kindergarten.
1. The Code of Practice for SEN – explaining the graduated response, the systems in education, the role of the SENc in the Early Years
2. The SEN and Disability Discrimination Act (2002)- how it impacts on the rights of individuals with ASD and their families.
3. Identification and Assessment- issues around diagnosis, assessment tools and monitoring progress.
4. Family relationships- how a child with ASD will impact on family dynamics- advice for parents and siblings
5. Roles and Responsibilities of Early Years Practioners- psychologists, G.Ps, health visitors, CAMHS, education, play groups, social services etc
6. Service Provision – good practice examples of multi-agency colloboration in service provision from health, social services, PPA and education
7. Partnership with Parents- the role of the voluntary sector, parent partnership shemes, family support groups, health, social services and education
8. Social Skills Training- personal hygiene, feeding, language and communication
9. Managing Behaviour- finding the triggers, using the right strategies, creating a stress free environment
10. Community Involvement- helping young children to cope in the outside world, leisure, shopping, local playgroup, nursery etc
11. Alternative Intervention and Home-Based Programmes- an objective overview of what’s available
12. The Transition from School to Pre-School Services