Ships same day or next business day via UPS (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes)! Used sticker and some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access ...code or dust jacket.Read moreShow Less
IMPROVE YOUR PILOTING SKILLS WITH TODAY'S BEST NAVIGATION GUIDE — NOW UPDATED WITH THE LATEST COCKPIT TECHNOLOGY AND TOOLS!
The Aviator's Guide to Navigation has been revised and updated to equip experienced pilots and aviation students with a complete tutorial on modern navigation systems. From the basics of dead reckoning to the most advanced "glass cockpit" EFIS systems, the fourth edition of this comprehensive guide explains the full range of air navigation systems, covering all the new technologies and tools that have emerged in the past ten years.
Readers will find valuable new material on distance measuring equipment (DME), long-range navigation, and The Next Generation Navigation System. Filled with a wealth of detailed illustrations, the fourth edition of The Aviator's Guide to Navigation features:
* A highly readable tutorial on navigation fundamentals
• Expert information on cutting-edge navigation tools and technologies that are changing how pilots fly
• New to this edition: New information on GPS navigation and flight management systems, distance measuring equipment, area navigation, critical fuel scenarios, and international operations
• Everything a Pilot Needs to Know About Navigation
• Pilotage and Dead Reckoning
• VOR Navigation Fundamentals
• Distance Measuring Equipment
• VOR/DME Navigation
• NDB Navigation
• Ground-Based Radar Navigation
• Instrument Approaches
• Principles of Global Navigation
• Inertial Navigation Systems
• GPS Navigation
• Long-Range and Over-Water Navigation
• Non-Radar Navigation
• Flight Management Systems
• The Next Generation Navigation System
Donald J. Clausing is an experienced pilot with more than 14,000 hours. A rated Captain on the Cessna Citation, the Falcon 20, as well as the Boeing 727 and 757/767, he also served as Captain and Check Airman on the Lockheed 1011. Clausing was awarded the Air Medal for his service during the Gulf War. He has written for many aviation magazines, including Flying, Professional Pilot, AOPA Pilot, and Plane and Pilot.