In the winter den a sleepy black bear mother cares for her three cubs. But while their mother still wants to nap, the babies are awake and full of energy. When at last their mother leaves the den to search for food, one cub can't wait any longer. So she steps out, followed by her brothers, to explore the sights, tastes and smells of an exciting - and sometimes scary - new world.
Did you know... bears prepare for winter by eating and eating. They may put on over two pounds (one kilogram) of fat every day. If you wanted to eat as much, you would have to gobble down forty-three hamburgers and twelve large orders of fries...every day!
Baby Black Bear includes:
- Simple, informative stories about the first year in a wild animal's life
- Unique photographs taken in the wild
- Index and Did You Know? section of unusual facts for parents and teachers
- Complete Table of Contents for each section of the book and
- Author and photographer biography