Bahamas For Dummiesby Darwin Porter, Danforth Prince
If you’re planning a Bahamas getaway, this guide gets you in the know and in the mood. You’ll practically feel the sand between your toes and the sea breeze brushing your face. Find out about hot spots, like the well-touristed Nassau, Paradise Island, and Freeport/Lucaya on Grand Bahama Island, and less-visited islands like the Exumas and Abacos that are perfect if you want serious R & R. This guide covers:
- An overview of Bahamian customs, music, festivals, cuisine, and “thirst-busters”
- Accommodations ranging from simple Bahamian inns and guesthouses to mega-resorts, and from quaint gingerbread villas to a spectacular beach resort with a kids’ camp
- The best places for all kinds of water sports, including water skiing, banana boat rides, Jet-Skiing, sailing, and parasailing
- Snorkeling and scuba diving, including dramatic reef trips, shark dives, shipwreck dives, and even night dives
- Fishing for wahoo, blue marlin, oceanic bonito, blackfin tuna, snapper, grouper, barracuda, dolphins, and more
- Great places to stay and play if tennis or golf is your game
- Gambling at glamorous casinos and taking in great stage shows
- Shopping for international imports of china, perfume, crystal, gemstones, or watches
- A calendar of events including festivals, tournaments, and local holidays
Like every For Dummies travel guide, Bahamas For Dummies, 4th Edition includes:
- Down-to-earth trip-planning advice
- What you shouldn’t miss — and what you can skip
- The best hotels and restaurants for every budget
- Handy Post-it Flags to mark your favorite pages
Whether you’re honeymooning or bringing the kids…whether you want to be an adventurous underwater explorer or a contented beach potato…this guide will help you enjoy the many sites and moods of the Bahamas.
Meet the Author
Darwin Porter, while still a teenager, began writing about The Bahamas for the Miami Herald and has been a frequent visitor ever since.
His writing partner is Danforth Prince, formerly of the Paris bureau of the New York Times, who has co-authored numerous Frommer’s best-sellers with Darwin, including those to the Caribbean, Bermuda, and the Virgin Islands.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >