Preface to the second edition.
Preface to the first edition.
1. Water and its roles in baked products.
2. The role of water in the formation and processing of bread doughs.
3. The role of water in the formation and processing of batters, biscuit and cookie doughs, and pastes.
4. The contribution of water during processing, baking, cooling and freezing.
5. Effects of water on product textural properties and their changes during storage.
6. Water activity.
7. Moisture migration and its control in composite products.
8. Methods of determining moisture content and water activity.
9. Strategies for extending bakery product shelf-life.