Baldrige Award Winning Quality: How to Interpret the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Exellence / Edition 8by Mark Graham Brown
Pub. Date: 04/28/1998
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Updated annually, the book provides you with the best understanding of
For the eighth consecutive year, Baldrige Award Winning Quality continues to be the definitive reference for interpreting the Baldrige criteria. It is the only book on the Baldrige criteria to detail, in simple and straightforward language, every category, examination item, and area to address.
Updated annually, the book provides you with the best understanding of these exhaustive criteria. Written in an easy-to-understand format by one of the best-known authorities on the Baldrige criteria - Mark Graham Brown - it is the most used and recognized reference in the field. The book illustrates the key relationships that exist among the criteria and details how the scoring scale operates, both critical aspects of coordinating and writing a Baldrige Award application.
In addition to complete coverage of all 1998 changes to the criteria, the new edition includes a new chapter - preparing for a site visit. This chapter provides a clear and concise explanation on how to prepare for a site visit from the board of examiners. It details each facet of the site visit, its purpose, what a Baldrige examiner looks for, and the questions typically asked during the visit.
Baldrige Award Winning Quality can be used two ways:
1. As a guide for coordinating or actually writing a Baldrige Award application.
The book provides:
General information on understanding the 1998 award criteria.
Detailed explanations of the seven categories of the criteria and how they work together as system.
Information on the scoring scale.
Definitions of the examination items and the areas to address.
2. As a tool for assessing an organization using the Baldrige Award criteria as well as developing assessment and improvement plans. The book includes:
"Indicators" listed for each of the areas to address that are helpful in devising Baldrige-based audit instruments.
How to plan and conduct an audit using the Baldrige criteria as a baseline.
How to use alternative assessment approaches as an input to your strategic planning process.
- Taylor & Francis
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.71(w) x 10.88(h) x 0.97(d)
Table of Contents1. Understanding the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
2. Preparing an Application for the Baldrige Award
3. Key Themes and Relationships Among the Criteria
4. Understanding the Baldrige Award Scoring Scale
5. Interpreting the Criteria for Leadership
6. Interpreting the Criteria for Strategic Planning
7. Interpreting the Criteria for Customer and Market Focus
8. Interpreting the Criteria for Information Analysis
9. Interpreting the Criteria for Human Resource Focus
10. Interpreting the Criteria for Process Management
11. Intrepreting the Criteria for Business Results
12. Preparing for a Site Visit
13. Using the Baldrige Assessment as a Strategic Planning Tool
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >