Basic Animal Nutrition and Feeding / Edition 5by Wilson G. Pond, David B. Church, Kevin R. Pond, Patricia A. Schoknecht
Pub. Date: 12/28/2004
This fifth edition arms readers with the latest information on nutrient metabolism and the formulation of diets from an array of available feedstuffs. The authors discuss animals' role in ecological balance, environmental stability and sustainable agriculture and food production. A new chapter on the regulation of nutrient partitioning offers a lively and timely… See more details below
This fifth edition arms readers with the latest information on nutrient metabolism and the formulation of diets from an array of available feedstuffs. The authors discuss animals' role in ecological balance, environmental stability and sustainable agriculture and food production. A new chapter on the regulation of nutrient partitioning offers a lively and timely discussion of emerging technologies in modifying and increasing efficiency of nutrient metabolism and animal food composition. A new chapter on toxic minerals in the food chain addresses the role of agricultural production animal nutrition in protecting the environment from toxic levels of minerals and nitrogen in the food chain.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.93(h) x 1.15(d)
Table of Contents
PART 1: INTRODUCTION TO ANIMAL NUTRITION.
1. Concepts of Nutrition.
2. Animal Nutrition: Its Role in Modern Agriculture and Society.
3. Common Methods of Analysis for Nutrients and Feedstuffs.
4. The Gastrointestinal Tract and Nutrition.
5. Measurement of Feed and Nutrient Utilization.
PART 2: NURTIENT METABOLISM.
9. Proteins and Amino Acids.
10. Energy Metabolism.
11. Macromineral Elements.
12. Micro- (Trace) Mineral Elements.
13. Mineral Toxicities in the Food Chain.
14. Fat-Soluble Vitamins.
15. Water-Soluble Vitamins.
16. Regulation of Nutrient Partitioning (Michael J. VandeHaar).
PART 3: APPLIED ANIMAL NUTRITION AND FEEDING.
17. Factors Affecting Feed Consumption.
18. Feeding Standards and Productivity.
20. Feed Preparation and Processing.
21. Diet Formulation.
22. Beef Cattle (Calvin L. Ferrell).
23. Dairy Cattle (Michael J. VandeHaar).
24. Sheep and Goats.
26. Poultry (Richard E. Austic).
27. Horses (Harold F. Hintz).
28. Dogs and Cats (Duane E. Ullrey).
29. Fish (Duane E. Ullrey).
30. Zoo Animals (Duane E. Ullrey).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >