Basic Guide to Oral Health Education and Promotion / Edition 1by Ann Felton, Alison Chapman, Simon Felton
Pub. Date: 03/16/2009
The Basic Guide to Oral Health Education and Promotion is the Step-by-step course companion for dental nurses studying for the Certificate in Oral Health Education. In addition it is an invaluable resource for other members of the dental team and health professionals involved in educating and promoting oral health to patients and the wider general public.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Structure and functions of the oral cavity.
1. The oral cavity in health.
Section 2: Diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
2. Plaque, calculus and staining.
3. Chronic gingivitis.
4. Chronic periodontitis.
5. Other oral diseases.
7. Tooth surface loss and sensitivity.
Section 3: Oral disease prevention.
9. Food, glorious food.
10. Sugars in the diet.
12. Fissure sealants.
13. Smoking cessation.
Section 4: Delivering oral health messages.
15. Principles of education.
16. Setting up a preventive dental unit.
17. Planning an oral hygiene session.
18. Anti-plaque agents.
19. Practical oral hygiene instruction.
Section 5: Oral health target groups and case studies.
20. Pregnant and nursing mothers.
21. Parents of pre-11-year-olds.
22. Adolescent and orthodontic patients.
23. Older people.
24. At risk and special care patients.
25. Minority ethnic groups.
26. Other health professionals.
27. Planning education case studies.
Section 6: Oral health and society.
30. Evidence-based prevention.
31. UK dental services.
32. Oral health promotion.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >