- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: STERLING HEIGHTS, MI
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Each chapter looks at a different aspect of oral health education and promotion in line with the NEBDN syllabus, yet is written in logical sequence for the benefit of those not studying the exam and those in professions other than dental nursing. Topics covered include dental structures, anatomy and physiology, oral diseases and prevention, the principles of education, oral health and society, promoting oral health in the 21st century, patient communication, project planning and workplace assignments.
Section 1: Structure and functions of the oral cavity.
1. The oral cavity in health.
Section 2: Diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
2. Plaque, calculus and staining.
3. Chronic gingivitis.
4. Chronic periodontitis.
5. Other oral diseases.
7. Tooth surface loss and sensitivity.
Section 3: Oral disease prevention.
9. Food, glorious food.
10. Sugars in the diet.
12. Fissure sealants.
13. Smoking cessation.
Section 4: Delivering oral health messages.
15. Principles of education.
16. Setting up a preventive dental unit.
17. Planning an oral hygiene session.
18. Anti-plaque agents.
19. Practical oral hygiene instruction.
Section 5: Oral health target groups and case studies.
20. Pregnant and nursing mothers.
21. Parents of pre-11-year-olds.
22. Adolescent and orthodontic patients.
23. Older people.
24. At risk and special care patients.
25. Minority ethnic groups.
26. Other health professionals.
27. Planning education case studies.
Section 6: Oral health and society.
30. Evidence-based prevention.
31. UK dental services.
32. Oral health promotion.