Basic ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding 2013 / Edition 2by Lou Ann Schraffenberg
Pub. Date: 12/01/2012
Publisher: American Health Information Management Association
Organized to reflect the ICD-10-CM/PCS chapters, Basic ICD 10- CM/PCS Coding, 2013 Edition, provides students and in-training professionals with a balanced approach to coding. In-depth instruction and practical exercises build a foundation from which to apply ICD-10-CM/PCS conventions and rules to everyday examples and exercises using actual case documentation. New content is intended to give students a basic level of understanding of ICD-10 -CM/PCS that will allow them to begin the education process of transitioning to coding with ICD-10-CM/PCS. An instructor's guide with additional exercises, an answer key, background information, pointers for students, and PowerPoint slides for the classroom is available. The instructor's answer key provides detailed explanations of how codes are assigned in ICD-10 -CM and constructed in ICD-10-PCS. A companion workbook, Basic ICD-10-CM Exercises, fourth edition, is available for purchase. New with this Edition
• Updated to 2013 codes, effective October 1, 2012
• Reorganized to reflect the ICD-10 chapter structure
• Includes ICD-10-CM coding guidelines within each chapter Key Features
• Chapters are organized by body systems, with a step-by-step approach to rules, rationale for use, including relevant parts of the ICD-10-CM coding guidelines and review exercises, plus procedure coding.
• Each chapter in the ICD-10-CM/PCS classification system is addressed with exercises to apply coding knowledge and skills.
• Instruction is focused on critical areas such as Prospective Payment Systems and supplementary codes provides a professional perspective.
• Online Resource includes full text of both the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Guidelines and ICD-10-PCS Reference Manual.
- American Health Information Management Association
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 1.20(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews